Re: Ford ad slogan WAY wrong

I wouldn't worry about politicians at all. They have it all wrong (i.e. SARS

>case) most of the time, poor things! Same goes when it comes to peddling the >cars. Yeah, go ahead, 0% financing bonanza, YOU can afford it! Don't you? >Buy now, worry later! Everyone on a sales side conveniently omits insurance >cost impact on already half-empty pockets. Car sales guys are playing it >dumb at best. Try to obtain meaningful insurance cost order of magnitude >from them! Good Luck! They try to B/S the consumer in an effort to move more >vehicles off the lot. > >People movers cost very little to insure. It's a fact. If one wants better >ride, insurance premiums go up accordingly. Some models are more prone to >theft, more expensive to repair, etc. This historical data in being >constantly updated and it impacts future insurance rates for car owners.
1988 Mustang insurance company excuses for high rates:

-No safety devices like air bags.

-High theft rate (at the time it was number 2)

-No anti-lock brakes.

-High crash rate.

2003 Mustang

-Low theft rate, it's way off the top 10.

-ABS

-Air bags.

-Crash rate is much lower than in the 1980s.

Yet the insurance is much higher. I don't recall the insurance companies giving concessions when those problems were addressed.

Mustang owners are treated unfairly by the auto insurance industry.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

Obviously the '03 has a much higher bluebook value. I don't even bother with full coverage on my '91 Mustang. If I total it, I'll just use the remaining bits for a Factory 5 Cobra. :) It costs me like $400/year to insure.

Chris

Reply to
Chris1

Higher price but the insurance is disproportionately higher. But if you've got a Mustang you can total....:)

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127