Re: How many are happy with a Mustang-2004-2005-2006?

Backyard Mechanic wrote:

>> "alexiastati>> >> >>> I read that Ford went cheaper on the suspension to keep >>> it under the 25thou mark. But that is all fixable. >>> >> >> I think that's a mis-understanding. From all reports the >> car handles better than the '04 in both base and GT trim. >> >> They didnt go IRS, like previous Cobras, but they used >> the panhard bar setup that Fox-body (like the 80's) >> modders used to set the car up for road course racing. >> >> And since it shares the Lincoln/ Jag DEW platform it is >> indeed improvable..{and likely with 'bolt-ons'} but you >> might not gain as much handling as you'd think. >> >> And remember Nascar Road Course cars still use the live >> axle. And those cars, thoguh they aint the same as >> always turn left, still follow the template and dont do >> all that badly. > > True, it surely does handle well! I have to say it is tight!!!, > especially since it is a new car test drive, I want to know if it will > still do hairpins at 50? I know my Sunfire has a great ability to take a > turn without missing a beat, that is one of the things I liked about > it.(no slide) And will it continue on after a year? Hey I don't know > anything much about suspension if you guys have some suggestions I would > love to hear them! I don't want to go all out on body modification > because I love it the way it is, my hubby was saying this kit and that, > but I want to keep it simple, it rocks by itself. But I want to make the > suspension the best it can be. > As far as any mods I do have a question for you guys, I would like to > raise the car a bit, it will have the 17 inch rims on it, but what is > the best way to raise the entire car a few inches without sacrifice or > do you think that is a bad idea? I have been looking at parts and gotta > say that the Saleen hood is the best look for me, although the > cal-induction hoods aren't bad either. > I am tempted to go ahead and purchase, but I decided to wait until I > have another thou to put down. I like the Torch Red, do not like the > pony package front--although he said a lot of people do...think I will > go with the smoked front covers and a black satin grille in the front > top and bottom, only a black trim between the headlights in the back, > some side trim and louvers for the side and back window...and gotta join > the Mustang Club here in Houston....I always wanted one, and now is the > time :-) > My husband saw something about the new Camero on a car show on tv, now > he is all drooling at the thought. But I can't say anything about it > cause I always wanted a Mustang(60 look) and I am doing a lot of > drooling of my own lol, and I am finally going to have one YES! Merry > Christmas toooooo ME... :-) I already bought a new buffer and some > really nice polish! > BTW the back seat is a little better on this model! Although it has no > room for the middle, most of your sporty cars don't but I don't like the > hump in the center at all, but OH well heehee. > Beth > > >

NOW, dear... it's time for you to take this to:

rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I already sent this response there...

And you'll meet Kate... who went the other way... into the realm of off- road darkness, Mustang > Jeep ;)

- - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - And that hump in the back seat? What's the diff!... Back in the day..... that's what blankets were for in summer and parents with Buicks in the winter.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Hey thanks. HAHAHA. Those where the days, when we met in 1980, my husband had a 1972 Chevelle green with a white leather top with an

8-track! We played the Eagles a lot then. Those where the days ;) That was a great car! Thank you again! Beth
Reply to
alexiastation

I owned a 2003 GT convertible and now I own a 2005. The 2005 GT is light years ahead of the 2003 in the way it handles. It handles as well as my

2005 Lincoln LS V8 Sport even with its IRS.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

"Backyard Mechanic" wrote in : >> "alexiastation" wrote: : >>

: : >

: > True, it surely does handle well! I have to say it is tight!!!, : > especially since it is a new car test drive, I want to know if it will : > still do hairpins at 50?

*heavy sigh*

: > As far as any mods I do have a question for you guys, I would like to : > raise the car a bit, it will have the 17 inch rims on it, but what is : > the best way to raise the entire car a few inches without sacrifice or : > do you think that is a bad idea?

FUCK YEA IT"S A BAD-STUPID-UGLY ASSED IDEA Has the peroxide fried her brain or what? Jeezus H Jumped up Christ , what kind of an idiot raises a Mustang?

I have been looking at parts and gotta : > say that the Saleen hood is the best look for me,

Strapped to it with a deer tag tied to your toe?

although the : > cal-induction hoods aren't bad either. : > I am tempted to go ahead and purchase, but I decided to wait until I : > have another thou to put down. I like the Torch Red, do not like the : > pony package front--although he said a lot of people do...think I will : > go with the smoked front covers and a black satin grille in the front : > top and bottom, only a black trim between the headlights in the back, : > some side trim and louvers for the side and back window...and gotta : join : > the Mustang Club here in Houston....I always wanted one, and now is the : > time :-) : > My husband saw something about the new Camero

That's C-A-M-A-R-O

oh my god... oh my god.. oh my god.... BM, this is clearly all your fault.

on a car show on tv, now : > he is all drooling at the thought. But I can't say anything about it : > cause I always wanted a Mustang(60 look) and I am doing a lot of : > drooling of my own lol, and I am finally going to have one YES!

Now do the bouncy booobie hop, pigtails waggling and clapping wildly Oh goody goody goody! Now bounce some more..... the boys will love it.

Merry : > Christmas toooooo ME... :-) I already bought a new buffer and some : > really nice polish! : > BTW the back seat is a little better on this model! Although it has no : > room for the middle, most of your sporty cars don't but I don't like : the : > hump in the center at all, but OH well heehee. : > Beth : >

: >

: >

: : NOW, dear... it's time for you to take this to: : : rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang : : I already sent this response there... : : And you'll meet Kate... who went the other way... into the realm of off- : road darkness, Mustang > Jeep

And you wonder WHY ????? Obviously I am too old now to do the bouncy boobie jumping thang. I'd hurt m'salf.

: ;) c'mere BM so I can punch you in the nose.

*sigh* BM, Did I say you are a smart ass?? Oh yea, I think I did. Just in case I didn't YOU sir, are a smart ass! How the hell did you decide to drag my name into this anyway?

Oh, I think I know.. so you could watch the bouncy boobie hopping thing..... LOL

: - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - : And that hump in the back seat? What's the diff!... Back in the : day..... that's what blankets were for in summer and parents with Buicks : in the winter.

If you can afford a new Mustang, you should be able to afford a room and if you're young enough to bouncy, then you shouldn't mind the bump

: KJK

2O|||||||O5 Liberty
Reply to
KJ.Kate

"KJ.Kate" wrote

OMFG! That was hilarious! LMAO!

Reply to
66 6F HCS

CATFIGHT!!!!!

Will Alex go along? Cant wait!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Hear, hear

Reply to
Wound Up

What, no Santana? : 0 )

Reply to
Spike

1986... about a 68 Mustang 'vert, 4X4, raised up... and it even had one of those chrome chain link steering wheels and outside exhaust, as well as wire wheels.... in lime green....
Reply to
Spike

It's her freakin' car! What if she said she wanted to put 19's on it?!!!

BUT, I wouldnt raise it more than an inch, Alexia.. a little goes a long way, and MORE makes it look like a clown car.

Not to mention handling.

See the sn65 post!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

More like "Why dont we do it in the road!"

That's why I bucked the trend, too, and got a nice new 66 Comet with BENCH front seat.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I'm NOT wearing a white T-Shirt into a mudpit for you BM... it's just not happening.

You lil rat.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

"Spike" was dumb enough to admit:

: >: > As far as any mods I do have a question for you guys, I would like to : >: > raise the car a bit, it will have the 17 inch rims on it, but what is : >: > the best way to raise the entire car a few inches without sacrifice or : >: > do you think that is a bad idea? : >

: >

: >FUCK YEA IT"S A BAD-STUPID-UGLY ASSED IDEA : >Has the peroxide fried her brain or what? : >Jeezus H Jumped up Christ , what kind of an idiot raises a Mustang? : : 1986... about a 68 Mustang 'vert, 4X4, raised up... and it even had : one of those chrome chain link steering wheels and outside exhaust, as : well as wire wheels.... in lime green.... :

Remind me, Spikie, when I see you, to pull you around by the ear.

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Hey now, you threw this at me, you KNOW you would have been disappointed if I had said something like that. You're just upset because I warned her about the bouncy boobie thing and you know it!

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Hey, I'll be impressed if it's still on the road when 2055 rolls around... It'll definitely be a classic by then! ;)

This kind:

Garth Almgren

That's the year I'm going to die.

Reply to
Wound Up

I'd be a LOT happier with the 2005 if it was burgundy and parked in the driveway next to my burgundy 1965.... But Ed McMahon has sent Dick Clark around to my house....

Reply to
Spike

"Garth Almgren" wrote : : : > : > As far as any mods I do have a question for you guys, I would like to : > : > raise the car a bit, it will have the 17 inch rims on it, but what is : > : > the best way to raise the entire car a few inches without sacrifice or : > : > do you think that is a bad idea? : >

: >

: > FUCK YEA IT"S A BAD-STUPID-UGLY ASSED IDEA : > Has the peroxide fried her brain or what? : > Jeezus H Jumped up Christ , what kind of an idiot raises a Mustang? : : This kind: :

Ok Garth, NOW I get it..... Hairpins, in the sand.. Baja.. right?

Thanks for the photo in this particular case, I think it looks sorta neat.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Are you a Cyclops?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Crap, I've de-cloaked myself!

You know, I really wanted to see the JFK files. What a bummer. What's more of a bummer is wearing this stereoscopic facial prosthetic every time I'm in public. I do have an easier time of it than centaurs, though.

Reply to
Wound Up