Re: is this window motor a Ford part?

That's not a Ford PN. A Ford number prior to the change to a standardized number (supposedly happened some time around 2000 IIRC) should start off with a decade letter and then a year number. 1987 would be E7. 1991 would be F1, and so on. The next two characters are the vehicle code. ZZ is the code for the Mustang. There's a good chance that the window motor does not carry a ZZ code as it is not Mustang specific and was probably used elsewhere before that.

I'd bet you got a knock-off. I don't know that the motor would say Ford on it... I don't have one here handy. The only one I have not installed in something is 20 miles away.

JS

> I bought this motor and it is the same one pictured on the auction. > However, nowhere does it say Ford on it, but the auction mentions that it is > a Ford part. Does that look like a Ford part number on the sticker in the > picture? Tim? > > I installed it , although I had to grind off a corner and switch gears from > the old one to the new one (the new motor had a narrow gear and was not > catching the regulator). The thing is very slow...as if it is > remanufactured and kinda noisy. =( > > -- > ---------------------------------------------- > Jason Roner > snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com > >
Reply to
JS

The 94/95 motors are different than the others listed in their description and as you found out are not interchangeable. The conv. quarter window motors show a different part # put "appear" to look the same (just longer wires)

Is there ANYTHING i.e. names, numbers, etc cast/printed onto the the motor ? The 96+ motors are actually manufactured by Siemens but they still have the part # printed on the side of the motor

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy