Re: labor

F*ck off, go whine in alt.union.whiners

Jobs are moved over seas to the cheapest labor cost and less
Reply to
mauimary

Defiant

Sounds like we have a top posting sheep among *us*.

Reply to
WindsorFo

I never used to like unions. I felt about the same as you guys. I felt like I could bloody well represent myself. I resisted when I was pressured into joining the union at Boeing. But it was more of a hassle to stay out than it was to join and pay something less than a dollar out of each paycheck, which was pretty fat for being just out of high school.

It's the only time I was in a union, and only for a few months and it was over 40 years ago. But I learned that all of the anti-union propaganda I fell for was a bunch of bullshit. All of it.

You guys go on calling your pathetic names, like the kind of guys I used to think union guys were: a bunch of crude, ignorant bigots.

But if you study the numbers, you'll see that America began its years as a first rate world power as the union movement grew, and began its decline as the union membership declined while the corporations sold out their own countrymen in favor of cheap unprotected labor from a certain Communist dictatorship.

If you guys don't like unions, go live in China.

Reply to
rAzZbAr

Personally, I have nothing against a union. Matter of fact, in some areas such as mining or a steelworking job, I can see where it could prevent a company from replacing a 55 year old with a 20 year old who could work harder for less pay.

I actually worked in a plant that had a union. I did not join the union, but that is the subject of another post..... Perhaps if somebody asks me real politely, I will explain why. Actually, in the plant that I worked in, a person who worked there for one year would make the exact same wage of a person who had worked there for 30 years.

You had no chance of getting a bonus or any kind of incentive pay for doing a better than average job.

Kinda like living in China.

Reply to
Kruse

And this makes good business sense to you?

Reply to
RM V2.0

Ah, what a fine example of what unions can accomplish.... look how they have stopped the Bosses from all that corruption.

Joe Hill (and Joan Baez) and all the rest of you left leaning communist supporting economy killing pinkos... where are you now?

Reply to
veegerNOSPAM

And much higher costs AND job losses to overseas......

I can see protecting your vested interest,but it's an individual choice to stay or go. I don't recall anything in the Constitution which says everyone is guaranteed a job, let alone a job for life.

Anyone who has worked both sides of the line knows the differences between management and labor. If not, labor refuses to see that without the company they would have no jobs, and the company refuses to see that without labor, there would be no products.

Reply to
Spike