Re: My SRT-10

Hey... before someone beats me to the punch and really chews your ass out.. RAMFM doesn't allow pretty pictures and html messages. It's a nonbinary group.

Although, I really wonder - Why not? Not that I want to or anything, but it's something that came into my head.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

The polite way of posting a picture is to park it on some public website, then include in the NG post a URL pointing to that picture. Then folks (with, say, a slow net link) can decide if they want to download the picture.

Reply to
Bob Willard

like ME with my 14.4 connection out here in the boonies :)

| > Although, I really wonder - Why not? | > Not that I want to or anything, but it's something that came into my head. | >

| > Kate | >

| | The polite way of posting a picture is to park it on some public website, | then include in the NG post a URL pointing to that picture. Then folks | (with, say, a slow net link) can decide if they want to download the picture. | -- | Cheers, Bob

Reply to
SVTKate

SVTKate opined in news:7Wh%d.1333$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Because it's always been that way... for the exact reason that it WAS important in the era of 14.4 max speeds.

Some servers ignore the "non-bin" restriction but a lot of them still use the old code.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Well, I do connect a little better than that, but still 40-46k aint much.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or change things BM, but "because it's always been that way" is usually a reason I pick up on something and start hacking at it. :-) Stubborn ol Irish woman that I am.

"Because I said so" never worked for me either.

My servers give me mixed signals. Sometimes they reject it, other times they ignore it. I just try not to in here because them's the rules.

Kate

| > Although, I really wonder - Why not? | > Not that I want to or anything, but it's something that came into my head. | >

| | Because it's always been that way... for the exact reason that it WAS | important in the era of 14.4 max speeds. | | Some servers ignore the "non-bin" restriction but a lot of them still use the | old code. | | | -- | - Yes, I'm a crusty old geezer curmudgeon.. deal with it! -

Reply to
SVTKate

It has to do with retension time and the space used to retain files as enormous as a picture. Some news servers will not carry binary groups and if you get too many the group will be dropped from the list. Although in this age that is not nearly as likely as it was 10-15 years ago.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Thanks! Now I am smarter than I was yesterday :)

Kate