Re: NASTY Lil' Cobra Being Twin Screwed

1964 Falcon Convertible
My Name Is Nobody

And thankfully NEVER WILL!!!

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

BUT IT IS NOT NAMED CORVETTE, that is the whole point...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Everything, DOH!

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Michael Johnson wrote in news:_5udnSMhE6X0A4PanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Why not? Leeching off the Mustang would probably be better for overall sales. That said, the Mustang GT is the Mustang GT regardless of what other variants might exist. It won't change simply because a variant might exist.

Because it's not a Chevy. But underneath it's a helluva lot of Corvette.

I'm for performance vehicles, regardless of how many doors they have or what style they are. So, in answer to your question, if a Mustang or Camaro (or anything else) with 4 doors were made that performed on par with their 2-door counterparts, then yes I am for it. The more performance available for consumers, the better. :)

Reply to
Joe

"John" wrote in news:n66dnXoT6rEwLYPanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I've seen virtual ones and pictures, but not a real one (except a concept at a car show).

Reply to
Joe

"My Name Is Nobody" wrote in news:GHATi.13214$na2.3220 @trndny08:

enthusiasts

Nonsense. I personally don't care what it's called. If it's a performance vehicle, it's good. Simple concept to understand.

Reply to
Joe

"John" wrote in news:p-SdndBsfdQoLIPanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

If the LTD or Fairmont had the same engine and drivetrain as the Mustang, I'd actually rather have the LTD/Fairmont. Much more versatile and functional in the real world than a Mustang with just about the same level of performance.

That's part of the whole concept of the hatchback, btw. I wonder how many people who object to a Mustang wagon object to the Mustang hatchback. A show of hands?

Reply to
Joe

"My Name Is Nobody" wrote in news:WKATi.3777$hG2.3224 @trndny05:

That's pretty shallow. DOH!

Reply to
Joe

Michael Johnson wrote in news:_5udnV0hE6XDAoPanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Wow.

Reply to
Joe

"My Name Is Nobody" wrote in news:LEATi.801$qo2.19@trndny06:

And also:

Here's the pickup:

Joe

Well, I would. I can install a 302 into a Miata or get a Kenne Bell twin screw blower and turn it into a Viper killer. Plus, it is light as a feather and handles like it is on rails. I always looked at the last T-Bird as a chick car and it had hardly any testosterone in it.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

IMO, and by definition, a Mustang is not a four door sedan and/or wagon. Proposing a Mustang sedan is just as wrong as proposing a Corvette sedan. The whole idea is as repulsive as me having to French kiss a 90 year old man.

.... and I am just fine with that.

Well to quote Jim Croce, "You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with Jim OR OFFER A FOUR DOOR MUSTANG WAGON!!!" I believe that would be his position if he were here posting in this thread. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson wrote in news:U5Cdnc8Wgp6-

8oLanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

To quote Joe Pesci, "I think I get the point." ;)

Reply to
Joe

Michael Johnson wrote in news:CeSdnddBuJbd8ILanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

For the purposes of this discussion, let's not talk about 5.0 Miatas, as they are rather cool because they're not really Miatas.

That said, _any_ T-Bird has tons more testosterone than a friggin' Miata. Even the name is wussie. "Miata". What does that conjure up in your mind?

Reply to
Joe

My nephew has a Miata and I've driven his quite a bit. The car grows on you. It reminds me of my old Triumph Spitfire except it is a much better vehicle. They are very fun to drive. Many men have the same feeling about Miatas as you do. My son does. If you can get past that you will find a very capable two seater.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson wrote in news:97KdnfsBKIlmJoLanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Perhaps I'll get past that when you can get past the whole name thing. I guess the issues are similar...

Reply to
Joe

I don't see the similarities. Putting four doors on a Mustang is a huge change in the image of that car. The Mustang has nearly as much history as the Corvette and that means something to the car's purpose and reason for existing. It the Mustang was circling the drain because of low sales volumes then I could understand Ford doing something radical like making a wagon variant. Since this isn't the case, I see no need for Ford to make such a risky move and possibly jeopardize the car's excellent heritage. Trying to make one car fill a variety of roles rarely works and just serves to dilute that car's identity and, in the case of the Mustang, its reputation as a pony car.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Nobody,

True enough on both counts. But my main point was Ford never gives a serious effort to establish a good 2-seat sports car. The original Bird lasted but three model years and the Ford GT, for as good as it was, was way too expensive to grab a life-sustaining market share to keep it alive. And everyone blows off a Ford 2-seater idea by saying the Vette owns the market and there's not enough buyers to go around. Well, the Viper proved that wrong. And I think Ford could carve a nice niche with a "cruiser" 2-seater (w/useable trunk) that has some balls/attitude. Then price it about 5-10 grand under a base Vette. I think the guys who buy/like Harleys would love it.

(Note: I'm not saying for Ford to do this now. Ford has to get their house back in order, but they should make another attempt at some point and I think this should be the formula for their 2-seater.)

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Michael Johnson wrote in news:z4qdneu- L9b7QoLanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

??

Corvette has over 11 years on the Mustang...

OK then. Shall we agree to disagree on this one?

Reply to
Joe