Re: Normal A/C vs. Max A/C?

Yes..

no difference in fan speed, it just recirculates air, rather than pulling outside air in!

the reason it's colder is that it is re-cooling cooled air.

the reason is SEEMS like it is blowing harder is because it is LOUDER since you can hear the air being drawn in, as well as blown out..

96 GT Convertible. > Wondering what the diff is between these two settings. > The obvious to me is that Max blows harder and/or maybe colder. > I know in some cars Max means it is pulling air from inside the car > (recirculate). > Is this true in my car? > Thanks! > > -- > > Scotter > >
Reply to
Chief Wiggum

Thanks!

96 GT Convertible. Wondering what the diff is between these two settings. The obvious to me is that Max blows harder and/or maybe colder. I know in some cars Max means it is pulling air from inside the car (recirculate). Is this true in my car? Thanks!
Reply to
Scotter

And just to add, when first turning on the air in a hot car, it's better to use NORMAL mode (when the outside air is cooler than the inside air). Once the inside air temp drops, you can switch over to MAX to improve cooling and really reduce the humidity.

John

66 2+2
Reply to
John Del

And to add more, if you have people in the back seat of ANY car, using MAX does a great job of cooling the people in the front but leaves the people in the back with very little cooling. Very little of the cooled air makes it past the middle of the car before it gets sucked back to the intake and recirculated to the front seat passengers again.

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy

John Del opined

This is a CLASSIC YMMV syndrome.

When it's REALLY hot out, I think you'll find it's opposite.

Whichever.. it's not a good idea to run in MAX position as a rule.

There should always be fresh air induced to the cabin, esp those of you guys with older hatches.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic