Re: Problem with Fox power door locks

Hello,

Have they keys always been hard to turn and you just now notice? Or did this start when the locks stopped? Have you checked the fuses yet?

CoogarXR

1983 351w Project
Reply to
CoogarXR

Did both stop at the same time?

The power door locks have a little activator that may need replacing. You just need to remove the door panel to get to them.

Steve Buick 455 on a stand.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

The keys have always been hard to turn. But when you turn it the opposite way, then the correct way, it makes it alot easier. I checked the fuse, and it's fine.

Tonight, the driver door wouldn't let me me. I had to apply pressure with the key turned, then lift up on the door handle to open my door.

Chad

Reply to
Chad

If both stopped at once it is not the actuators (besides they are about $70/piece !). I just replaced one and found out the actuators are wired in series .... if they both stopped working at once you have an electrical problem. Remove the door panels and check the wiring.

Reply to
Duker

I now have the same problem with my own '93, on the driver's side. You didn't say whether the actuator is still "trying" to unlock the door (as mine does), or whether it's completely dead.

I'll have to remember that when mine finally gives up the ghost. Right now, the plunger still comes up about half-way, enough for me to get the door open.

dwight (...now where did I leave that Mustangs Unlimited catalog? Oh, yeah - I gave it to the guy who bought my convertible, figuring he'd need it.)

Reply to
dwight