Re: Stupid Car Tricks

If you had one you would have bragged about it, not about some Ford.

I'll let you in on a little secrete too, Jetty, I am not impressed by your bragging.

Chris

Reply to
C.H.

Think Studebaker... you can get low-mid 20s with a well set up Stude Lark with a 259 or 289 I've been told. Unfortunately mine is not 100% fixed up, and one of the items that needs to be repaired is the speedo :( But I can tell you that even with 3.31:1 gears and that stupid close ratio 4-speed it is far from slow, actually accelerates very nicely, even if it won't smoke a big block.

amen bro!

Yeah, when you're shopping used, you are limited to what is available.

That's my point exactly!

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Oh yeah, that makes sense. Are you related to Brent P.? The two of you talk in circles so much I'm convinced you bake donuts for a living.

And I'm certainly not impressed by your Camaro. Are we done, or do you need another spin around the dance floor?

Reply to
CobraJet

I think Brent would be quite offended by your assertion, whereas I just am mildly amused. Funny, that it's always the Ford guys who start calling names first.

I am not quite sure what gave you the idea that I was asking you to be impressed by my car. Must be a problem with comprehending my postings on your part, as I am 100% certain I never asked you to be.

Chris

Reply to
C.H.

"CobraJet" wrote

In the immortal words of Billy Joel. "You may be right. I may be crazy."

Reply to
66 6F HCS

"C.H." wrote

Couldn't win the argument so you change the subject. Typical sore loser. How Clintonesque of you.

When did I ever claim I was posting to a thread about Trans Am Racing? Quote me saying that. I dare you. You are the only one who started talking quarter mile times and I simply stated that trying to compare that kind of vehicle to mine is an apples/oranges comparison and was pointless. You are the one who persists in following that line of reasoning and then saying I'm the one who brought it up. Get together with the voices in your head and maybe you can come up with a straight line of reasoning.

Oh, and Ford guys don't call names, we just can't handle intelectual narcissists, or people who can't seem to stay on subject while alleging everyone else is OT. Have you thought of asking your doctor about Reminyl?

Nah, I don't like Michael Jackson.

try to run a LS1-F-Body or a '04 Mustang Cobra on any roadrace

I've owned an F body. It was only impressive in a straight line. And as for a Cobra, no reason to race. Again, apples/oranges. Now if we look at Trans Am history to do a real comparo, we see that while Ford was actively racing during those early years of SR2 racing. They took 3 of the first 5 championships. One of those years ('70) Chevy wasn't even close and lost to the AMC Javelins which ended up second. And for a modern comparison, put that LS1 F-Body (which isn't even built anymore) next to an '04 Cobra and prepare to be tromped again. The Cobra outhandles the F-body like nobodies business.

Again, You are the one talking about a nonexistant T/A thread. Pull your head out of your ass dude. I'm not surprised you wouldn't understand the pop culture "Cybil" comment. If you don't get it now, you never will. Let's just say it has to do with multiple personalities.

Actually my numbers are straight. This was a recent shootout of stock vehicles on stock tires, 30+ years after the muscle car wars ended. Instead of bench racing the magazines, it was decided to put them all together on the same track on the same day to see what they really did against each other, instead of the tweaked cars that were loaned to the magazines of the day.

.The results in order of placement... 1969 MUSTANG BOSS 429 1970 CHEVELLE SS 454 LS6 1970 BUICK GS 455 STAGE 1 1969 HURST OLDSMOBILE 1969 PONTIAC GTO JUDGE 1969 AMX 390 GO PACKAGE 1970 HEMI CHALLENGER I can brag all I want! These were bone stock cars and the Boss won.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Suuure, you didn't.

Amusing, how you are trying to weasel out of this one.

The Hemi engines still make your little 427 look puny. Btw, there is a

27ci and even a 436 Chevy smallblock (Motown), which is bigger than your 427. Face it, your CobraJet is not very big as engines go. Like mine it is big compared to most other engines on the road but compared to engines that are available it is fairly small. Unfortunately you don't have the courage to admit to this, so I don't expect a serious answer from you any more anyway.

I have many hobbies, cars is one of them. I have nothing against automotive passion, but I do have something agains ricerlike bragging, which you seem to confuse with automotive passion. I like my car and many other models of cars, including several Fords and I don't go around constantly bragging about how 'my car is bigger than yours'.

If you were a real car nut I would have respect for you but you have shown sufficiently that you are nothing but a braggart who wants to come across as bigger and better than others. Well, sir, I have news for you: You are neither bigger nor better than a lot of others who share our hobby, regardless of how many cars you supposedly own. And until you get this fact through your head I doubt it makes sense to talk to you.

Have fun bragging in your Ford board and have all the little Mustang owners bow to your perceived superiority, but don't expect the same for me.

Chris, highly amused.

Reply to
C.H.

Being the owner of a 31 year old 6 cly with 1bbl carb myself, I tend to agree... however, I also realize that 30+ years ago these sort of cars were as 'pointless' as the ones people are buying today.

They are cool because of rarity more than anything. Most of them are gone, unlike their modern counterparts. They are fun to have and drive because they realitively primative.

Just think when claybrook followers force automated roads down our throats, where the most a person interacts with their vehicle is to set the destination, even that 'boring' AT geo is going to look more involved and better to drive.

Reply to
Brent P

I noticed you didn't quote where I did.

I don't need to weasel out of anything. My game is to target an erroneous statement or misguided belief and pound the poster to see how well he holds up. I have a track record for doing this. In your case, you also drew fire from a couple others, and demonstrated your reliance on inconsequential tangents to bolster notions steeped in fallacy and ignorance.

Remember, if you can, that *you* were drawn in by my "Big cars..." proclamation, hot on the heels of Cory's post about his particular likes, into a crossposted thread. Think about it. The basic intention of most crossposts is to create disputes between dissimilar factions, which I'm sure was Scott's intent. Personally, I cannot resist screwing with people from different auto groups, and that goes for several other people in RAMFM. So, Scott got the bonus plan, as my role model Ford Fairlane would say.

I certainly don't expect the same. Those who know me know my "style". Those who still haven't figured it out continue to reach for a bottle of Maalox every time I visit.

Not nearly as much as we are.

Reply to
CobraJet

I Now *that's* laying a trap, John.

Reply to
CobraJet

I quote: "Plus, discussing 1/4 mile times re: a car built for SR-2 T/A racing is a waste of time."

The sentence doesn't make much sense, but from the re: it is clear you meant a subject line.

See above.

[snip - you said - i said] [snip - namecalling]

I saw your attempt at making this a Ford-GM mudslinging contest again. If you want to do that I suggest you go trolling LS1.com, mybe they have any takers.

No wonder you snipped my numbers and replaced them with some TV-Show (!)

Musclecar Review Magazine stats:

Among the first 20 are 2 Fords (the fastest one is on position 18), there are also 8 GM cars and 9 GM cars (fastest Chrysler on 3, fastest GM on

2).

These ratings are of bone stock cars.

If you seriously believe what you seen on TV you need help. If you seriously think your stock Ford would outrun the stock Hemis, you need a lot of help.

Chris

Reply to
C.H.

"CobraJet" wrote

Actually I just don't like intellectual narcissists. They need to be brought down a peg, even if they can't admit it once it's happened. Anybody else with brains can see the problem once their arguments fail. Their supporters seem to thin out once their intellectual and logical dishonesty is shown for what it is. You can always tell they've lost when they suddenly divert the argument once they are cornered and shown to be wrong. The sad thing is there are people that can't see that is exactly what was done. Can't come up with an answer so change the subject.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

A cobbled together listing of 1960s car magazine tests.... I thought everybody knew by now the magazine tests of this era on the whole were bogus in some form or fashion. And todays are generally only somewhat better.

Am I the only person who outgrew these car-rag comparos of cars we'll never own? What a totally pointless pursuit.

Reply to
Brent P

While scott has that history, in this case the two groups are good choices for what he initially posted.

Reply to
Brent P

Don't blame your problems on me.

Reply to
Brent P

"C.H." wrote

Re: means reference, c*ck-knocker! It's an abbreviation for a preposition- a word or phrase placed typically before a substantive and indicating the relation of that substantive to a verb, an adjective, or another substantive, as English at, by, with, from, and *in regard to*. Common synonyms would be; as concerns, as regards, as respects, as to, concerned with, concerning, connected with, dealing with, referring to, regarding, relating to, relative to, respecting. I thought maybe your peabrain would know that. When was the last time you wrote or typed anything out of usenet? It very rarely has anything to do with a *subject line* in common useage, except here in usenet or email.

Actually you were the one who started it and I just wasn't gonna let you get away with it. I called you on your errors and your incorrect assumptions/assertions. You didn't like it so you spewed more drivel onto the net in defense of your indefensible position.

Yeah, and if you believe all the cars that were test driven by the magazines

30-40 years ago were random cars, pulled from the line with no mods, you're even stupider than I originally surmised. Those numbers were pulled from the Peterson Archives and from the book "How Fast Were They" by Jerry Canavit

I don't have to think anything. It happened, it's now a matter of history on a TV show and Channel which is bent towards the bowties anyways. The Boss won! It's a fact! You can say what you want and try to point to some bench-racing chicken-chokefest if you want, but the Boss won. That's the fact! You can't get around it, you can't get over it, you can't change it. It's a fact! Now let's watch you change the subject since you can't win this argument, as you've done previously. Let's watch you try to divert the conversation to some unrelated piece of trivia comparing a modern LS6 to Vintage Fe that has no bearing on anything, just so you can try to save some face in front of your bowtie buddies. The point again is, The Boss won over all the other cars assembled, whether they be BB Chevy's, BB/RB/Hemi MoPars, or AMC's. A BB Ford won. Case closed (for now). I'm not saying that in the future there could, or should, be another shootout and a Hemi could win. Just that at this point in time. Let me say it again for you... The Ford won!

Now back to the OP. I think the dashlight color thing is an interesting piece of technogeek venery, just so they can say they did it. It's kinda neat and dumb at the same time. Lotsa wow factor at first, but in the long run, how many people are really gonna use it, I mean, unless they come up with a mood-dash like the old "mood rings". It could get your temp through the steering wheel and change colors based on your "mood", heh! ;)

Reply to
66 6F HCS

"Brent P" wrote

I do want to say, however, I was not the OP of this thread.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

I have a history? Man, somebody was actually paying attention. :)

I rarely flame, but when I see rampant idiocy I must rise to the occassion to put down the insurgency. I'd like to think I'm helpful re: the things I have some knowledge of.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Apparently your parents failed to give you even a minimum of reasonable manners. Your whole posting is an example in how not to behave in public.

If you manage to get yourself under control again I am willing to discuss the topics with you but your renewed attempt at a mudslinging contest is not for me, thank you very much.

Chris

Reply to
C.H.

You claimed a big-block is big and a small-block is small, which is ancient history. There are 427, 436 and even 440 mouse motors and there are 390 bigblocks, thus your history lesson fizzled.

More weaseling. Now get back to the topic and tell me again how your rather puny (according to your own assertion that an engine is small if there are bigger engines around) 427 is a big engine compared to a 540 Chevy or a 572 Hemi.

Being brash and insulting has nothing to do with style and a lot to do with a lack of manners.

I just reach for a bag of popcorn, your diatribes are more amusing than a Hollywood comedy.

You are mistaken. Maybe I should actually read the Ford board for a change. Seems to be a funny place. I especially liked your ridiculous claims that the Boss 429 was the king of muscle cars. It's funny how the view through blue oval glasses seems to distort reality for you guys.

Chris

Reply to
C.H.