Re: Stupid Car Tricks

pssst...hey Scotty...ever read the driving group? I just spent about

20 minutes perusing...if you do, too, you'll see a multitude of inane, trolliferous, crossposted buttnuggetry...so consider the source...

oh by the way...*I* wouldn't hesitate to knock you into the next county...why?...cuz step bumpers for F-250's are cheap to replace...;)

Reply to
CobraJet

Man, I'm glad you said this- 'cause no disrespect to the Mustang group (to which I see this is crossposted) but here in SoCal, I figure at least 60% of the Mustangs I see are driven by women, mostly in their mid-to-late 30s.

-Kenny

Reply to
Kenneth Crudup

... and I'm amazed at the both of yas. You can *change* those things?

(I will admit I only run Windows perhaps once a month. My Linux box is fairly basic, too- I use the Motif Window Manager; it's small and light- weight. I don't get the appeal of things like KDE or Firemumble. Too ... I dunno ... "pretty" for me.)

-Kenny

Reply to
Kenneth Crudup

"CobraJet" wrote

I didn't mean "f*ck with" by means of running me over, I meant "mano e mano". I'd leave a pretty big dent in your fender. Really big! :)

Reply to
66 6F HCS

It may be useful for those with deficient color vision (about 8% of the male population), so that they can choose dash lighting that they can see the best. Though it doesn't look like that was the intention, based on the quote from the advertising that you posted.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

"C.H." wrote

| Not at all. There are two types of people who behave like a little brat | (like you do) on usenet: The ones who behave like a little brat in real | life too and the cowards who don't dare to behave like little brats in | real life and hide their antics behind the anonymity of usenet.

I'd be willing to be a hundred bucks that CJ is the same in BOTH worlds.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Almost entirely by people who, like you dismiss rational evidence in favor of their personal 'feelings'.

Reply to
Brent P

I figured it out that the old tests were BS all too much of the time back in the mid 80s, before I discovered usenet in ~1990.

Because pretty close defines the gap between fastest and slowest.

Just look at the wildly different times quoted for good old

5.0L fox body mustangs.... Even the same rag would would have wildly different (like nearly a second 0-60) times for them.

It didn't take me long to figure out that the winner of the motor trend comparison test was the one with the most ads. I find it amazing that others still haven't.

BTW, why are you now triming out r.a.d? I've restored it.

Reply to
Brent P

"Dan J.S." wrote

I'm glad Ford wasn't of the same mind back in 64 or we'd never had a mustang in the first place.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

And you'd be right. See, yet another fallacy from the peanut gallery states that *everybody* who acts tough on Usenet is a wimp in real life. Common sense tells you that this cannot possibly be the case all the time. However, common sense will elude the deluded.

I always get along with the people that I've met from these groups, which is about 7 or 8 of them at this point. However, in certain places at certain times, I'm a lot more in tune with my Bullshit Sensor, and I tend to exercise the concept of the pre-emptive strike long before I can become a statistic. The local police know this, as well as some people who have read the local paper at times in the past. Yet I've never been arrested. Must know what I'm doing, huh?

Anyway, enough of this crap. The driving group is chock full of people with far more personal issues than I have. Let's let them wallow in it and get back to our primary topic.

Reply to
CobraJet

You are a classic case of a guy confusing bratty and tough. Your Ford-board was interesting reading, most notably the total absence of the people, who according to your claims supported your antics. I bet that most Mustang owners would be embarrassed by a guy acting as juvenile and, excuse the language, ricerish.

I raise the BS flag. So far you have told a lot of nonsense but that the police lets you get away with 'preemptive strikes' (IOW assault or murder) is just the wishful thinking of a thirteen year old.

Chris

Reply to
C.H.

No, dipshit, you changed the topic within a thread and you want to continue crossposting it to fan the flames. I'm not as dumb as you look.

I've already been down this road about tests with Patrick. The bottom line for me is that it really doesn't matter what they got back then. I'm not driving in 1969. What matters is what I can do with my cars now and in the future.

Reply to
CobraJet

You know what? You are right. I admit it. I'm a 13-year-old brat with a 4-banger import parked outside. And yet, I still manage to bring out the "best" in you, don't I?

Reply to
CobraJet

You don't bring out anything in me, except for a little amusement now and then. Btw, at age 13 your mommy has her four-banger parked outside, not you.

Chris

Reply to
C.H.

I bet to differ. It seems that CobraJet can bring out the anger in damn near anybody... and he's surely pissed you off a few times at least. Otherwise, I don't think you'd be making these lame cracks like calling him 13. Speaking of which, if you're going to make a crack on someone.. at least make it a good one that we can all laugh at.. instead of making yourself look like a dumbass. Just my 2 cents.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

I beg to differ, even.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

You give him too much credit.

I wasn't trying to make a crack at all. I merely was making an observation based on many years of usenet experience, telling me that a person acting as juvenile as CobraJet does very likely in reality is a kid. If that makes me a dumbass in your book, so be it.

Btw, I like cars from a lot of different manufacturers, including several Fords. The first muscle car I ever drove back in 1989 was a 1970 Ford Torino and this experience is still etched in my memory and always will be. Over the years I drove a whole bunch of Mustangs and a few other interesting Fords like a turbo Thunderbird and I liked most of them.

Why is it so difficult for people in most brand centric car groups to admit that there are a lot of nice cars from a lot of different manufacturers out there? Loving your cars doesn't necessitate hating cars from other manufacturers. And preferring a Mustang, for instance, doesn't mean you have to hate me just because I happen to prefer a Camaro.

Enjoy your car and let others enjoy theirs.

Chris

Reply to
C.H.

ummm... that was... uh... what kind of car again? oh yea... Mustangs!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Years of experience? The why did you call it a Ford "board" in your previous post? We don't use that word in Usenet.

In *your* group, all the baby wannabe trolls pile up on some guy, and tickle each others' quivering bungholes whilst spewing forth gigabytes of inanities. This has blinded you to the fact that RAMFM is not a dorkfest like RAD. The reason you do not see a bunch of guys supporting me is that we don't subscribe to baby troll ways. There are no points awarded by number of supporting clowns. Everyone in here (almost, WF is still trying to figure it out) knows that 80% of what CobraJet posts is meant to be nothing but finely seasoned horsecrap sprinkled with a touch of fire and brimstone. I work alone, and everyone else just watches or ignores me.

You mimic the dysfunctional style of your peers, who by now are so immersed in shit that they have convinced themselves of possessing intellectual superiority. Every single troll nest there is thinks they are the most clever, but they fail to have an effect on individuals posting under an egoless manufactured personality.

I sucked you in. You showed us the same lame circular dislogic that makes your type giggle with glee. I spit you out. Simple.

And here's where you just fell down. You pulled out the "why can't we be friends" card without realizing that CobraJet would have strung you out even if you were my long-lost, Ford-loving twin brother.

Have another popcorn on me while you ponder what just happened. I gotta go now; recess is over and I have to get to spelling class.

Reply to
CobraJet

It does. But oh well.

Good attitude to have. I love my Mustang GT, but boy do I ever like the late-model Trans Ams... also those Camaro z28's are pretty mean. I could never own a z28 though... interior bothers me far too much (comfortability wise especially).

Again, I love my Mustang GT, but I also love many other cars from other manufacturers. It's fine that you prefer the Camaro, but you came & cracked on CJ & got pissed for him cracking on you.

Agreed!!