Re: Taking of the Antenna

Hey Greg, yes, the antenna just un-screws. I would use an adjustable wrench and some electrical tape on the wrench faces so as not to damage the paint on the antenna. The previous goof-ball that had my stang already chipped the paint off and now I'm trying to consider either repainting the darn thing or buy an after market antenna. I just have to make sure the new one is capable of receiving the RDS signals from some of the radio stations here in Western Washington.

Reply to
Greg B.

Thanks for the information. I was thinking how I could loosen it without messing up the paint.

Reply to
Greg

Well, if the tape on the adjustable wrench idea doesn't work too hot, then maybe try wrapping the base of the antenna with the tape. Hopefully, you will only do this once to get the hole in your car cover.

Reply to
Greg B.