Re: Toronto on street racing; Sorry!

Utterly clueless! Perhaps a tennis analogy would help... the professional sport of sanctioned drag racing is as legal as professional tennis. However, if a pair of tennis player trys to play a match on the 401, they would probably get arrested (if not ran over)!

I sent an email to a local councillor regarding the possibility of > using a soon to be abandoned airbase as a professional drag strip > instead of turning it into another boring shopping district. It would > draw tourists, make money, but importantly, would eliminate some of > the illegal street racing here by being open (at off times) for > amateurs. I figured with private money, the cash-strapped city might > not mind the idea. They are about to use $200 million of tax payer > money (that they don't have) to build an opera house here. > Here is the response: > > I am writing to you on behalf of Councillor Korwin-Kuczynski, who > received your inquiries about street racing some time ago. Although > the suggestions provided in your e-mail were forwarded to the police, > they are not currently considering the addition of a street or private > premise in order to legalize street racing. In addition, Sgt. Moore > of the community response unit at 11 division requested that I stress > that all street racing is illegal in Toronto. > > Thank you for addressing the councillor with your concerns, and should > you require any assistance with other municipal matters, please do not > hesitate to contact the office. > > Sincerely, > Carolynn Jaye > Constituency Assistant of Councillor Korwin-Kuczynski > (416) 392-7919
Reply to
Blue88LX

Perhaps you should send your Councillor and Sgt. Moore the following link?

Peter Gunn

Done! Thanks!

-Rich

Reply to