Re: tweecer or A9L?

Agreed. But my point is that it's a lot of trouble for not much. No seat of the pants difference anyway. I own both, a 90 LX 5sp (A9L) and a 94Gt ragtop...

The problem is much more in the intake/tb area than with the computer...You can tweek that engine all you want but until you un-choke it nothing much will happen...

Just 2 cents

Serge

The A9L computers are considered to be the best performing computer of > all the EEC-IV MAF units. The timing and fuel tables are more agressive > than other versions. > > Serge wrote: > > > The question is why? What are you after? There is little difference between > > these programs. The EEC units are basically similar. Your unit actually has > > a faster cpu clock than a 90 A9L would if my memory serves me right. From 94 > > on the eprom is also flashable. So in all a better unit than an old A9L... > > > > Just 2 cents. > > > > Serge > > > >>I wonder which would be better for the 95 GT. Should I buy the tweecer > >>programmable chip and load the A9L tables onto the 95 EEC, or just do a > > > > A9L > > > >>conversion (both ways would be about the same price). Or are there some > >>things that the 95 EEC just won't handle at all that an A9L can? What do > >>you think? Thanks.... > >> > >>-- > >>Jason > >>95 GT 5spd > >> > >> > > > > > > >
Reply to
Serge

I would suggest you find your idle problem as it will most likely not go away with the change of computer...The computer that came with the car was programmed to idle fine on itself. If you had to change computers for every stang that does not idle I would make a fortune installing A9Ls...Clean your TB, check your IAC and your fuel pressure...get that car ideling before you do anything else as the new computer will just throw another element in the debugging of that problem...

I would agree with Michael, the tweecer for the same price as a A9L will give you more control. But unless the car is seriously modified you are just pissing your money away...

Just 2 cents.

Serge

situation...

Reply to
Serge

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

If you need to make changes to your computer (for mods, shift points, cooling, etc.) or want more aggressive timing/fuel curves, keep the stock computer and buy a custom, reprogramable performance chip. For about $300 you get a LOT more flexibility. Instead of being stuck with the stock A9L curves, a reprogramable performance chip can be tuned for driveability and power. It can also accommodate whatever future changes you make.

LJH

95GT

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall