Re: World Fastest Car - bugatti veyron top speed 407 km/h

> My new 2001 GT Premium was also a very > good value at $ 25.000. Still looks and runs like new. However, I don't > think I will be buying another Mustang. The new one is a better car then > the 2001, with a better engine and a stiffer body/chassis and a better > suspension. BUT..... With an out the door price of nearly $33,000.00 I'm > just about ready to label it a $HIT BOX !!!! >

You must be optioning it to the hilt. I can grab an '08 Premium GT with

5-spd, interior upgrade and the optional 3:55 rear for $27k.
Reply to
John C.

Perhaps lower prices by you ??? What state r u in ???

Michael

Reply to
Michael

MA, North of Boston. There is also a $1k incentive in effect through Dec.

Reply to
John C.

Hmmm... Boston should be no different then Bergen County, NJ as far as price goes. You guys just have a better pro football team then we do :-) Do you think that the price of the new Mustang, at about $ 27,000 + puts it at less of a value in comparison to buying a 1990 5.0 when it was $ 12,500 fully loaded ???

Michael

Reply to
Michael

"Michael" wrote in news:EirZi.198$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe08.lga:

Can't knowledgeably comment as to that. I have no idea what constituted "fully loaded" back then. Leather? 500 watt stereo? Should we be comparing it to a "Deluxe" or a "Premium"? Damn, that was 18 years ago, my brain doesn't retain *anything* for that long. :) But...if I had to say...then yes, I believe that dollar for dollar, pound for pound (lol), that they are probably pretty comparable in value.

My first experience with a "brand new" Mustang was in '99. I paid iirc, right around $26k for a '00 GT convertible, the only option it *didn't* have was an auto transmission. A loaded coupe was going for $22k. Comparing the new GT to that, I'd say it's definitely in the ballpark, value-wise. (imo)

As you previously stated, better motor, better suspension, tighter platform. (I think it just plain looks better, too) ;)

Reply to
John C.