Re: Wouldn't Ford be in better shape if the New Mustang had debuted THIS year?

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 13:04:46 -0400, "Backyard Mechanic" wrote something wonderfully witty:

wrote >> Even though Ford claims to have reduced costs by $700 per car in the >> last year? >> -Rich > >Eaten up in promotions... > >Remember the mid eighties when Ford had great years and GM looked like it >was tanking? > >Everything's cyclical.... and Ford's problem is PR and risk management*... >The stupid way they handled the TFI failures and the 3.8 Head Gasket and >trans shift piston problems, to say nothing of the Exploder which they let >get out of hand. > >NOW there's the cracking intake...They just HAVE to get the bean counters >and MBA's OUT of the production design cycle. > >* Example: Say Ford goes to counsel and says they have a potential tort or >Class Action problem and what should they do?... Who do you think the >lawyers are gonna be looking out for; the company or their downline billable >hours? > >The ONLY thing more treacherous and despicable than an MBA is a Lawyer. > >Wise up, Ford! > >So now they have to get back to the point where the public believes "Quality >is Job One" > >

A truism that turned into a lie. Excellent ad campaign that did deliver and now does not. Time to get back to core values. Better Ideas & Quality through all phases. No more damn short-cuts.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Check out

for more examples of problems with Exploders, Mustangs, F series trucks, and other car designs Ford has cut too many cornerson.

Reply to
Todd Grigsby

I got a blank page... ??

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

It came up for me. I read a few of the stories and I have to say it sounds like it's dealers selling cars that have been seriously damaged and then pasted back together. Most of the stories I read had descriptions of damage that would indicate used cars. Things like the door striker being shimmed and the pillar screwed up, front end acting like it was bent with scractched body panels, hundreds of miles on so called new cars, etc etc.

I suspect that the dealers are taking cars that fell off the truck or were wrecked by dealer employees not fixing them properly and selling them as new. In other words, acting like typical car dealers of any make.

Just about every story had something in it that if I had been buying the car I would have simply walked out of the dealership upon seeing it before I bought the car.

Reply to
Brent P

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:53:13 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Brent P) wrote something wonderfully witty:

Hmm, I'm originally from Ny/Nj, don't know about buying a car that fell off the back of a truck, but I bought many a TV & Stereo that way though.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

laff... well when a car falls off the truck, you *don't* want it, cause it really did fall off :)

Reply to
Brent P

at 18 Jan 2005, [ snipped-for-privacy@recorddeal.com] wrote in news:Vt6Hd.19959 $ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:

Comes up fine but points to

You may have network or DNS issues, try the above one and see if that works for you.

Reply to
Paul

at 18 Jan 2005, ZombyWoof [ snipped-for-privacy@Zappa.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ok, for us non NY/NJ folk, falling of the truck in this case is taken literally. Meaning some monkey screwed up (un)loading cars from the transporter truck and it fell off damaging the car.

I've seen it happen when they were loading cars on a transporter just after it had snowed so the parking lot and transporter ramp were slippery. They could not get this Volvo V40 onto the ramp and all the way up to the front on the top deck. So the owner comes out and decides he'll show them how you do it. Moves the V40 back, guns it and runs it all the way up the ramp at the first try. Smooth as silk. Only he can't stop in time and the car flies right of the front of the transporter truck and lands on the ground. Guy was unharmed, car wasn't.

Reply to
Paul