Ready For a New Boss 302?

the new 5-liter GT is still making headlines and we already have another super Stang in the pipeline.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

I read elsewhere of a CT. dealer president who was there say that it will be mostly suspension upgrades, along with the slight hp bump. Much like the original was.

Reply to
GILL

Gill,

What are you comparing the original's "slight bump in HP" to?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

Just relatively speaking, I doubt Ford will put "more" exotic type heads on the Boss.I do however realize what a canted valve head did for the original Boss, it's always been one of my favorites.

Here's 15 gear grinding pages of very cool 32V TiVCT Tech info.

GILL

good write up on engine!

Reply to
dannas

I was in the dealership a while back and fellow bought a Mach 1 on eBay. The car was about 6 (?) years old. He said there was something about the Mach 1's and they were very quick. He said it was faster than the new 4.6 or 5 litre Mustangs. Are they collectible. Thanks.

Frank Lardino

Reply to
Frank

They aren't faster than 2011s. The SN95 version (2004 and earlier) should be slightly faster than a mustang GT of the same year. Currently they are used cars and probably will be for years to come.

Reply to
Brent

Well your last statement can't be argued with! :-)

Reply to
Mach1

If I ever get a TARDIS I'm setting it for 1978 where even what are now classic Ferraris could be bought cheap and Shelby Mustangs and Mach 1's were just used cars of little value.

Reply to
Brent

Ford produced a limited edition of the Mustang GT in 2003 & 2004 which was called a Mach 1. Iit had an underrated 305HP or 310HP depending on the year, the GT was rated at 260HP. It was essentially a Bullitt with a Cobra engine.

Reply to
me