Rear Parking Brake Cable

Does anyone know how do disconnect the rear parking brake cable from the rear backing plate on a '66 coupe with rear drums?

Reply to
Paul Garza

If it's like my '65, you have to compress those spring-loaded fingers...or tines...or prongs to get it out of the backing plate right? On one side I was lucky and used a small screwdriver to push one tine in at a time while I was pulling on the cable and it came out. The other side I used a small hose clamp around the tines to compress them at the same time. Someone once told me a box-end wrench would work too.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

Reply to
carl