rear sway bar

Ok... the cursed thing broke off last night. This is the 2nd time & I'm not going to have it welded back on (before only 1 side broke off). Anyone know of a URL of a decent (not tooooo expensive I hope) rear sway bar for a 98 Mustang GT? JS whatcha think? Thanks everyone.

-Mike

Reply to
memsetpc

Found out the avg price is $100-$110... much less than I was expecting (thankfully).. I was expecting $200-$300. *phew* =). I hear lots of good things a/b Steeda. Thanks again, JS. Take it easy. Hope things are recovering well for ya.

-Mike

Reply to
memsetpc

I second the Steeda bar. I put one in my 96 Cobra about a month ago. It was no picnic, but it is done. Make sure you save the 4 clips from the old bar. You need to transfer them to the new Steeda bar. Have patience. :)

Reply to
Gellin' Like a Felon

Thanks. For the price, you can't really beat it. A new Ford bar is that much, and it's just going to break like the old one did.

As for everything recovering, it is, slowly. I still have to get the locks changed in the Cobra so it's been napping in a field some 30 miles from home where it'll be safe from prying eyes. My girl is slowly recovering from her car accident, and my aunt is recovering from heart surgery. It's a big healing process for all.

A side business venture is starting to come together, and soon perhaps I'll be making money from the crowd that thinks excessive useless things on their cars is a good thing. Guess I'll have to get a Civic for a demo-car. Look on the bright side... it gets good gas mileage. ;-)

JS

Reply to
JS

Kate, you're so not gellin'... ;-)

j/k :-P

JS

Reply to
JS

Either use your foot to hold up the other side or have a friend handy. This will eliminate the biggest hassle. Start one of the bolts on one side using your foot to hold the other side up. Alternatively, a piece of coat hanger through the lower control arm will keep the end up. Put it through the front hole, and then go to the other side and put the bolt in the front hole. This should help immensely.

JS

Reply to
JS

As long as you're not gellin' like Mary in "There's Something About Mary" you should be ok.... ;-)

JS

Reply to
JS

My gut still hurts from the first time I saw that. That will be a classic someday, at least that scene will. :)

Reply to
Subic Sailor