Recaro (Scirocco) Seats in a 90LX?

My 90LX seats look like mildew farm with rather rusty seat brackets. I can get for free (well, driver's side seat has one rip, but that could be taken care of) gray (my Mustang's interior is also gray) leather (?) seats from a VW Scirocco. For those who do not know, Recaro was contracted to make the seats for those cars. I know that it will require some welding to make it work (either make a braket to use the Scirocco seat bracket or find rust-free Mustang seats and weld their brackets/pans to the VW seat), but I was wondering it they would look nice in the Mustang.

Reply to
Mauricio

My guess would be a qualified "yes" depending upon which Recarro model they are. As for recovering...

.... also, you can buy the correct brackets for Recarros, Flo-Fits, and other aftermarkets to fit you car, and just bolt them on. Check
or
(I forgot which it is).

And, thanks for the info regarding the Sirocco seats being Recarro. I have been looking at the Recarros but as expensive as they are..... about double Flo-Fit... Now I know to look for VW at the salvage yards.

Any particular years they were used?

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Spike wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks for the info. I'll look them up later on.

AFAIK, all Sciroccos, the GTI and 16V models come with those seats. Problem is the seat bottom was designed to fit the normal VW built-in seat track (i.e the track is welded to the car while the seat has a locking mechanism on the front-middle (which slides in the middle track) and 2 legs on the rear that slide on the two outer tracks. On the bright side, that means they are very easy to take out. However, to use them would probably require some welding; I do know of two welders I can harass so I am not that concerned.

Weird note: I found out the driver's seats in the buses here are also Recaro. Go figure. :P

Reply to
Mauricio

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

I had a '77 Scirocco and they were the best seats I ever had. Let me know how the project goes because I might want to do it to my 90 LX.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Combs