Recommend A Mustang?

I was thinking about buying a mustang. I ve had a thunderbird for 100 thousand miles and the head gasket is blown. how long would about a 1991 mustang last with 70 thousand miles on it? or could you recommend a different year?

Reply to
thundercat

"thundercat" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

The 302 will easily go for well over 150k miles if it's taken care of. If it's been abused or neglected, then that's another story.

Joe

yes

all years are crap

hurc ast

Reply to
relic895

I had a 1988 GT with over 280,000 miles when I sold it and it didn't smoke and ran good. So a 302 taken care of properly can last

150,000-300,000+ miles.
Reply to
Joachim Peiper

lmfao yup they can however thats one in a million most dont

hurc ast

Reply to
relic895

lmfao looks like somebody finally got home from that boring easter dindin at the grands mommy lets you have a little quality time with the puter before bed? shouldn't u be studying for the psats?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

"thundercat" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Grassroots motorsports published last year (I can find the number) with the good years for the foxbody mustang. I think they said the best one was the 93 GT. About the mileage, how about if you do the usual checking (compression, etc) so you can see if the car in question was taken care of?

Reply to
Mauricio

Reply to
Cobra Boy

Oh, I don't know... Depends upon what you find out there, I guess. My '93 LX 5.0 hatch is pushing 180,000 miles, and still runs fine. (Of course, no one but me would think it's a "great" find.)

My '93 GT convertible is coming up on 100,000 miles, and it looks and runs VERY well.

With patience and a little luck, thundercat should be able to find a really sharp Fox that still runs like a champ. And probably pick it up for a song, too.

dwight

Reply to
dwight
70,000 miles on a 1991 is really low miles and if well taken care of should have a ton of life left in it! I've had two 5.0's the 88 and a 90 lx and they have been the most reliable cars I've ever owned.
Reply to
Joachim Peiper

lmfao what a tard a mom joke and u had to send it twice lmfao did ya think of that yourself ??

hurc ast

Reply to
firefox7620

lmfao its tards like you that send my kids to college

ever notice that very few FORD TECHs drive a ford?/

hurc ast

Reply to
firefox7620

lmfao must be hard to converse with someone who speaks ur language d'ya think?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Prove it.

Oh, that's right - you can't. In your language, that'd be "ur jst talkin out ur ass".

dwight

Reply to
dwight

lmfao just go look in staff parking at a ford dealer

bwhahahahahahaha duh duh duh duh dwight bwhahahaha

Reply to
firefox7620

lmfao I thought you said FORD TECHS. In fact, I thought you typed it in all caps, just to be specific. Now you're talking about dealership grunts. Backing off pretty quick, aren't you?

LMFAO

dwight

Reply to
dwight

hrm

stang stang stang stang F-150 stang stang F-150 Winstar F-150 F-150

Reply to
Andrew

lmfao the techs are the highest paid in any shop

hurc ast

Reply to
firefox7620

lmfao a shop with 11 people lmfao i bet they are all RELATED too if ya catch my drift

Reply to
firefox7620

Kinda like when your mother could'nt out run your father/older brother huh? you know all about that don't ya!

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog