Recommend an Intake for 351C?

I have a 1972 Ford Mustang with a 351-C, 4-V, 4-speed manual, Hurst shifter, 3.73 rear end, and an Autolite 4300D 4bbl carb. I'm going to replace the intake manifold and the carb. The car will be mostly street driven, but I want some more low end torque power. It will mate with a new 750 cfm carb. Any recommendations on what intake manifold to use?

Reply to
Joe

I would suggest using a dual plane intake manifold for the street. I was using the single plane Edelbrock Torker 351 and I found it was not very friendly for daily driving. I have since swapped the Torker for the dual plane Edlebrock Performer and am pleased with the performance on the street.

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C @

Grover C. McCoury III

i like the eidlebrock

hurc ast

Reply to
mindy5734

Why are you replacing that intake?

My completely gone through (fairly radical cam, don't have the cam specs on hand) '71 351CJ Cleveland still runs a factory (well mine is one of the ultra rare aluminum versions, same runner design though) dual plane intake manifold, with a Holly 850 double pumper. I also swapped the open chamber 4-V CJ heads out for a set of closed chamber (quench) heads

If you do some research I think you will find that the factory Cleveland

4-V cast iron dual plane intake manifold will offer such comparable performance to any of the available after market dual plane intake manifolds from stock to fairly radical camshafts with stock 4-V head setups as to make replacing it a near ZERO gain proposition.

I would suggest you apply that intake manifold money toward a new electronic ignition. The noticeable benefit will be huge.

Good Luck

Reply to
351CJ

Correction I have a a Holly 800 double pumper on this 351 Cleveland...

351CJ wrote:
Reply to
351CJ

Edelbrock what? Single plane, dual plane, airgap???

Someone asks what flavour you like and you answer "KoolAid".....

BTW... I beat my wife today..... yep, I was out of bed at least an hour before she was... I guess that means I beat her real bad. But, after that, she beat me mercilessly.... yep, the last can of Pepsi... and she gloated over the fact...

Reply to
Jim Warman