Recommended ignition timing for 1972 351C-4V

What do you recommend for initial timing for a 1972 Ford Mustang

351C-4V? Right now it is real slow off the line. I've got an:

  1. Edelbrock Performer alum. intake;

  1. Edelbrock 750 cfm with vac. secondaries;
  2. Pertronix Ignitor II (with adaptive dwell);
  3. Pertronix Flamethrower II;
  4. Edelbrock full-flow air cleaner with K&N filter;
  5. 4-Speed toploard with Hurst shifter;
  6. 3.25 Taction-loc diff.
  7. Split-fire plugs gapped at .040 (stock is .034 gap)

I think it is currently set at 13 degrees BTDC. I'm also thinking about upgrading the igition to an MSD 6al CDI and recurving the distributor with new, ligher springs.

Should I advance the initial timing more than 13-16 degrees BTDC since I've got the plugs gapped more? Any recommendations?

thanks...

Reply to
Joe