Recommended Manufacturers

I am in the process of rebuilding a 351 Cleveland and dropping it into a 65 Mustang. Since this is my first project car, I wanted to find out preferred manufacturers for items like Cams, Crankshaft, valves, pistons, rockers, etc.

Any suggestions out there?

Reply to
Bill Fry

What type of budget do you have?

Bill Fry wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

And, realistically speaking, what does he plan on doing with the car - daily driver? Sunday terror?

Jim Warman

This will be a daily driver vehicle and I do not have a budget as of yet. I want to build performance into the car.

Reply to
Bill Fry

It's been a while since I built a 351c, (1988) but all the mainstream manufacturers made good parts.

Edelbrock manifold Hooker super-comp headers ARP bolts, Melling oil pump, dozens of cams, TRW pistons, and so forth. It's not unlike any other engine. You may need to order some parts. One word to the wise, do the oiling mod to these engines, the front - to -rear oil line that so many hot rodders recommend. Use an oil cooler as well, if possible. The Cleveland engines didn't oil too well to the rear, and I wore through some pushrods & rockers. I didn't do the mod, needless to say. Dumb, 18 year old punk I was.... ;) I knew it all!

On another note, have you considered doing a 302 with a 347 stroker kit? It will fit into your existing engine bay without the need for you to hack up your shock towers. The 5.0l Mustang created a world of performance parts for the small block Ford to the point that a conversion like yours is not necessary anymore. You have a 1965 Mustang, they're not getting any younger, and they don't make them anymore. Wouldn't it be best to keep it as original as possible? You'll get the same performance, and you won't have a hack job.

Just something to think about.

Reply to
Victor DiMichina