Rented a 2005

Hi all.

I was in Vegas this week and rented a 2005 6 cyl. Mustang for a week. It was an auto and I took it out on the highway lots.

In my 37 years, I've owned nothing but Mustangs for the summer and Broncos for the winter. I've had a 289 '67, a 2.3 '90, and a 5.0 '91 and '93.

Well, I must say, the 2005 was by far the tightest Mustang I have ever driven. I loved this car!

On the plus side:

-good acceleration from the 6

-tight car that felt better than my 93 with full subs

-okay brakes, decent pedal feel

-not bad handling for a stock car

-quite responsive steering

-a turning circle that puts my 5.0 to SHAME!

-nice interior

-good forward looking windows

-no blindspot

-nice view of the hood from the inside :)

-nice instrument layout

-nice steering wheel, good grip

-good stereo

-okay seats

-nice click off O/D feature

-good looking car (the boys at the local McDonalds were all over this thing) - yeah, I told them it was mine. ;)

On the downside (for the 6):

-a poor view out of the passenger's window - not safe at all.

-interior could be a little nicer in places. Kinda cheap in places.

-too high profile tires (215 65 16) C'mon Ford.

-a little tough to get into with the seat up... and I'm only 5'11".

-engine noise at WOT (holy crap!)

Overall, Ford has a real winner here. I never thought I'd consider trading in my 5.0, but I wonder what the GTs are like... the 6 was pretty nice for bone stock. I think I have a new respect for these cars.

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

I also rented one in Vegas, and other than the blind spots due to the headrests it was a very nice ride. Would not purchase a 6 cyl. but sure would consider the GT if I was considering selling my 02 GT. Martin

2002 GT 5spd 243 rwhp 285 rwtq
Reply to
Martin