Renting a 2005 GT

The wife and I are taking our little girl to college in Tampa on July 2nd. After we get her moved in, we have a 2005 Mustang GT reserved at the airport Avis on July 6th. Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha! At that time, we also slither over to the Clearwater beach area for some much better accomodations until we fly home on the 13th! Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Reply to
John

Well, I didn't get a GT :-( , but luckily AVIS did have a silver V6 Mustang hardtop that I rented :-) . They may not even buy GTs for rent. All I saw was V6's. I suspect the person I talked to when reserving the car was clueless. When I went to pick up the car I played dumb to see the show. "I'm so and so and I have a reservation". The lady studied and studied her screen and said to me, "what does FMSTN mean? Says you want a FMSTN. I have no clue what that is" Dooohhh! So I told her I requested a Ford Mustang GT. She continues to study her screen and calls out back. Yep, a silver V6 just came out of the wash! She gives me the contract and says the keys are above the visor so they don't have to walk up front. So off I go. My smile getting bigger as I get closer to the car!

Wow!

It looks good (despite a few scatches here and there). It sounds real good too. Sounds more like a V8 than a V6. Ford must have put some resources into that! Drives and handles excellent. When accelerating hard the 4 speed automatic sounds more like a manual that is power shifting (revs up for a fraction of a second between gears). Did they do that on purpose, or was this one defective? It sounds real mean when it did it, but I'd think that'd slow down your times at the track. Let's see. What's more important? Marketing (sounds real mean) or performance (slower times on the

1/4 mile). Yep, they did it on purpose.

It was a very enjoyable ride for the few days we had it. Hurricane Dennis brought some wind and rain to the Tampa area so we cancelled our subsequent stay in Clearwater and headed home.

Reply to
John

Reply to
moco

at 16 Jul 2005, John [ snipped-for-privacy@chartermi.removethisandonedot.net] wrote in news:Lx7Ce.220$ snipped-for-privacy@fe06.lga:

It runs even nicer when you switch the O/D off. The button is on the right side of the T-bar handle. :-) Been in your shoes, had one of those for about 2 weeks. Very, very nice. They had to pry the keys out of my tighly clutched fingers upon returning it. *grin* Actually, I think it outperforms a stock pre 05 GT or at least will give it a run for it's money. Even better, Avis has these puppys listed as intermediate car. Beats the *@&^$ out of those Chevy Malibu's in the same class. Or those silly Pontiac Grand Am's. Red lighted gauges, who ever came up with that idea?

The only thing better is the 05 Mustang convertible which Hertz already has and Avis is just getting in. I doubt that's an intermediate though. I also doubt the company I subcontract for will rent me a convertible.

And confirming your hunch, neither Avis nor Hertz rents out 05 Mustang GT's. They both probably remember Hertz's little lessen a while back with renting out Mustang GT's that ending up being raced etc.. :-)

Reply to
Paul

I rented an 05 V6 coupe in Las Vegas in April from Hertz. Was told at the counter no racing allowed. V6 verts all over the place the whole week I was there. Martin

2002 GT 5 spd
Reply to
Martin