repair / maintenance manual for 2003 Mustang?

Howdy,

I'd like to pick up a maintenance / repair manual for my 2003 Mustang. I have not yet seen any manuals that specifically state "2003". There is a Haynes manual available that covers "1994 to 2000" Mustangs. I figure this may be adequate... or is it? Comments? Is the 2003 Stang GT (4.6 SOHC) essentially identical to the 2000? If so, then the above mentioned Haynes manual should be fine I would think. Any other recommendations? Thanks. I don't plan on doing a full tear down of the engine anytime soon, but I would like to know all the specifics related to general maintenance and tune-up work... plus it would be nice to just learn more about the car itself in terms of its mechanical set-up.

Thanks.

Reply to
GT-Vert-03

Me too, if there is such a thing available, would also like the source if anyone has it.

Gerry Ft Collins, Co.

Reply to
Gerry

For the most part (99.9%), the '03s are very similar to the '99-'02s, especially if you're not looking to tearing into the engine. The minor differences are in where the engines were manufactured. This shows up as different numbers of bolts in things like the flywheel and valve covers and other things that are trivial from a general maintenance standpoint. Also, the transmission is a different model (T-3650 ??? - I get it mixed up with the 3550, which I believe is the TKO). If you can find the fill and drain plugs on it, then you'll be OK.

Reply to
Keith

got to

the people who write the manuals for the car manufacturers.. they can get any manual you want... also cd's, but remember that the prices will be high as they also sell to shops and the manuals are really geared to someone that is mechanically inclined or tech savy.... on my 93 taurus, one book, shop manual cost $65, the electric/vacuum trouble shooting book cost $32, and there is the wiring diagram $12.. and with all this i still need the Power Train Control manual which cost $300 and i did not get(its a looseleaf binder thing about 6 inches thick and trying to troubleshoot something i followed the other books and found that i was to check the last one....still never discovered the problem.....

Reply to
jim

Helms is much more than the casual maintenance person needs. Chiltons or Haynes is more appropriate.

Reply to
Keith