Replace PCM module?? HELP!!

Well to catch anyone up on my problem, here goes. Got in my car a few weeks ago, totally dead. Go to jump it, here a whirring sound as soon as the jumper cables are connected, its my air pump. Ok, air pump stayed on for some reason, drained the battery. Couldnt jump the car cause other cars battery terminals were corroded. Try another car the next day, same thing, air pump started up immediately. Car wouldnt start up so tried reconnecting the cables. Air pump stopped, no car wont start at all. Just cranks and cranks and wont turn over.

So I take it to the Ford dealer. Has it for a day, cant find anything. Calls me, says they want to charge me $300 to go all through the electrical system. Ok. Calls me back today, didnt find anything. Not getting any codes, so they want to replace the PCM module for $800 and *see* if that does it. Told him i'd call him back. $800 is a damn big gamble in my poor little world. So basically arent they doing this only hoping to get codes, not fix the problem for something that probably isnt even the problem? I havent had this car very long so im not very knowledgable on it. If this happened to the old 5.0 ida fixed it in 2 hours. So what should I do? Any suggestions? Thanks,

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang