Replacement Distributor

I have a '65 200 and want to convert it to a Duraspark ignition, but am having problems finding a distributor. What distributor's will work for this application? Thanks, Rusty

Reply to
Rusty

Good luck. There is no updated/electronic distributor available that I know of. Clifford engineering used to list replacement distributors from Mallory, but they were over $300. They don't list them any more. Your best bet is to go to CJ Pony Parts and buy a new distributor for $68, and get a Pertronix Igniter for another $60.

Reply to
.boB

The best bet is to just get a pertronic (sp?) ignitor. It's an electronic ignition module that replaces the points. I have one my 250 and it works well. I think that fitting a later stock ford unit is just a waste of time and effort.

Reply to
Brent P

Any good junk yard will have some 75-82 cars with 200s or 250s in them that you can get your duraspark ignition from. I think it's an excellent system and use it on several of my cars including the 250 six I put in my 67 Comet. It's not a waste of time or money. Or you can just go into a discount parts store and get a remanufactured dist for a 1980 Fairmont with a 200 (around $60) and a new module ($20). Use the module with the blue grommet, seven wires. Try the junk yard first.

Reply to
W3tac8oe