Replacement solvent for tank?

Hi Folks, I live in Califuckya and no longer can get a decent solvent fort my tank. Would deisel or kerosene be a good substitute and if so witch is better? Anyone know where I could buy that much kerosene, 5 gallons at a time?

Reply to
Mark

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

You wouldn't happen to know witch one has a lower flashpoint do you? I'll look it up in google.

Reply to
Mark

My hubby has used diesel for a long time... he seems to like it. He also adds a little to his round up to help kill weeds, works great!

Kate rub it on your tummy for indigestion, on your head for baldness, prevents diaper rash, cures.... he he he.. had to ...

Reply to
SVTKate

Kero has, as I recall the lower flashpoint.... evaps easier leading to fumes, leading to DO NOT USE IN CONFINED SPACE OR NEAR IGNITION SOURCE Another good one if you can get you hands on some was JP-4 jet fuel. I saw demos in the service where you could throw a lit match in a spill and the match would go out DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME THIS WAS PERFORMED BY TRAINED PEOPLE WITH YEARS OF EXPERIENCE who were taught by trained monkeys who had better sense than to do it themselves.

Also check Summit catalog. I think I recall seeing listings for green friendly stuff.

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

"rub it on your tummy for indigestion, on your head for baldness, prevents diaper rash, cures.... he he he.. had to ..."

Kute Kate! BUT DO NOT USE IT >My hubby has used diesel for a long time...

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

We used to do that all the time. Except we used JP-5 and DFM.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

I ask the boss, he says that kerosene is a better solvent AND has a lower flash point. It's pretty cheap too...

Kate

| >> V'ger | >> jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net | >> 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | >> Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior | >> 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code | >> Dual Exhaust | >> C4 Auto converted to AODE | >> 8" Trak Lok | >> Vintage 40 wheels | >> BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires | >> Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) | >> Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA | >

| | V'ger | jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net | 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior | 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code | Dual Exhaust | C4 Auto converted to AODE | 8" Trak Lok | Vintage 40 wheels | BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires | Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) | Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA

Reply to
SVTKate

Spike gots roids???

OMG! LMAO!!!!

Kate

| >Kate | >rub it on your tummy for indigestion, on your head for baldness, prevents | >diaper rash, cures.... | >he he he.. had to ... | >

| | V'ger | jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net | 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior | 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code | Dual Exhaust | C4 Auto converted to AODE | 8" Trak Lok | Vintage 40 wheels | BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires | Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) | Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA

Reply to
SVTKate

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

Who did you lent em to? Funny, I never thought of those as something a person might want to borrow...

Go figure!

Kate

| >OMG! | >LMAO!!!! | >

| >Kate | >

| | V'ger | jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net | 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior | 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code | Dual Exhaust | C4 Auto converted to AODE | 8" Trak Lok | Vintage 40 wheels | BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires | Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) | Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA

Reply to
SVTKate

This IS Califonia.... somebody will pay for anything you want to get rid of.... then they'll ship it to Malasia or some such and make a zillion dollars off of your garbage. Just look at all those doctors who do body sculpting in Silicon Valley... Oh, wait... that's the silicon they used for electronics... Gee, I hope nobody went there for implants...

; )

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

THen dont ignite it... or you could try jp5.. but i bet it sux as a solvent/

Hmmm ,Decisions, Decisions!

Cancer/ Flash point...Cancer/ Flash point...Cancer/ Flash point

Well, I can SEE if it catches fire.....

V'ger opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic