repost Eaton locker question

I found a drag shop several towns away that will build me a brand new custom length 9" rear, 3.50 strange gears, Moser internal parts, brand new brakes and drums, custom built Eaton heavy duty locker, 31 spline axles, and a powder coating and even free delivery if i cant pickit up for $1,975. for my purposes that beats currie.

I do have another question about the locker. They build and race these Eaton heavy duty diffs all the time, they said it would be indestructable (at least in a street application) and would be comparable in quietness and performance to a Ford Factory cobra setup. and also that it wouldnt have any handling problems on cornering or on wet surfaces. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Reply to
Jack Napier

Jack,

Ask them if it's a ratchet style locker like a Detroit. The only locker Eaton makes that I'm aware of is called a E Locker or Electric Locker. The other Eaton's are clutch type limited slip units.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

where is this shop located ??

i need a rear end for my 90 coupe .....

Reply to
Marcus

I think they said clutch type. I need to talk to them again about more detials on the locker. They said it will detect when you put power to it and then in locks. whether its clutch or electric, how will these different options affect handling and noise?

The shop is in bismark, ND.

Reply to
Jack Napier