REQ: 1993 Ford Mustang LX Convertible owner's manual, please

Peace and health to all, I recently came into possession of this car. I know it's the

2.3 L, 4-cyl. engine (not the 5.0 with over 105 horses)... Unfortunately, there was no owner's manual in the vehicle upon receiving it. I don't know the first thing about Fords or fuel injection, let alone how to put the top down. :) Are there any kind souls in this group who can give me a hand? TIA if you can... And, whilst I'm at it, a Chilton/Hayne's manual for the same car would be especially nice if it could be posted also. Thanks for considering this request, and may the americans in the group enjoy their July 4th festivities.
Reply to
druid918

fock the 4th of july however the fireworks in IRAQ were great they blasted some more troops LMFAO over 20K casualties and ya still claim to be winning LMFAO

this is a canadian ford group fock off yankeeeeeeeeeee

h u r c a s t

Reply to
slimestickland34

Peace and health, Well, then... First off, Canuck, ...it's spelled "f*ck", not "fock"... If you're going to use American slang, at least spell it correctly. Second, I'm only trying to obtain a manual for this 1993 Mustang LX convertible. It doesn't matter if the manual comes from Canada or not - the car was produced in America. If you want to start a flame-session, you might want to pull your head out of your arse, first, and get your locals right before you shoot your mouth off. The Mustang is an American car. It was built in the United States, by American know-how and ingenuity. The manual is written in American english (very similar to but not exactly the same as Canadian English). If you have one, how about upping it to the group. If not, enjoy your life (such as it is) for whatever time you have left instead of harboring animousities that are needless here. Yankees bleed the same color of blood you do. And, as for the Iraq War? Don't blame me. I never agreed with it. If I got a chance to do so - I'd tell Bush to his face that he's an oil-mongering screw-up that doesn't deserve the office he's in (especialy after he lied to the entire country about WMD being held by Hussein)... You've had some "less-than-perfect" people in your political offices as well. What can I say... Hopefully in another four years or so, we'll have someone in the White House who actually gives a shit about this country and all the people in it. Now! About that manual! Do you have one, or not? TIA if you do and you up it. If not, good day to you and yours.

Reply to
druid918

You should be able to find an original 1993 owners manual on eBay (one auction ends in 3 days), this would probably be your best bet. If you have any specific questions that I amy be able to help you answer please feel free to E-mail me personally at Musttanguy AT aol.com

Tim (Musttanguy) PonyPerformance.com

Reply to
Musttanguy

lmfao stupid fock it is canadian slang and 84% of usa hi tech workers are CANADIAN which means you only think it is american but us canadian know who rules at hi teck call it all american us canadians dont care we got your $$$$$$ remember we can take ya any time we want but canadians are PEACEFUL

how many times have we had to clean up your mess and name a canadian PM that started a war

remember it was canada who cleaned up your mess after veitnam rememeber iran hostages took a handful of canadians to make your hot shot seal team look pretty retarded

you say you are not responsable for bush

WHY YA VOTE HIM IN time to clean up your act

i am off to watch the fireworks on tv

send in another suicide bomber the boom looks good

LMFAO h u r c a s t

Reply to
alicecooperrules12

we call tim unskilled labor in canada

LMFAO

h u r c a s t

Reply to
alicecooperrules12

I may have manual for a '92. I'll look and let you know later. I have other parts too. Convertible boot parade cover, original intake parts, K&N air cleaner, Throttle body, OEM radio.

MG

Reply to
Mr.~G.

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 05:28:31 -0400, "Mr.~G." wrote:

Sorry about the lapse in replying to your message, Mr. G. Thanks for all you're doing to help me out. Some quesitons for you, if it's alright. First, will a 1992 manual be useful regarding my 1993? (I mean, will all the info contained in it be able to be used as far as maintenance for the vehicle is concerned?) Second, does the 1992 manual tell how to operate the convertible button? (Though MustangGuy told me to apply the emergency brake then activate the switch, ...there is this thingie hanging down from the top and wrapped around my rearview mirror that looks like it would get pulled out of whack if I did that... It's an electronic plug of some sort... It's small, and looks to be composed of two wires or so that are about 12 guage wire in thickness... The plug looks like a four-prong connector...Black in outer appearance... I don't know what the thing is or does.) Lastly, being a year different, is there anything contained in a 1993 manual as opposed to the 1992 one that I need to be aware of (that you might already be in the know about)??? Any changes, perhaps; or revisements that might be important??? Thanks for looking for your 1992 manual... If I can use it to keep this vehicle in top form - I'm glad to meet your acquaintance! I'll check back in a day or so to see if you've been able to respond to this thread. Peace and health to you and yours until then! Oh! And should you wish to contact me directly, my email addy is snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

Reply to
druid918

I have a '93 GT convertible and a manual. I can't imagine that there are any (major) differences between '92 and '93, where maintenance is concerned. The cars are virtually identical.

The only thing I can imagine that this is... Well, there are two map lights in the bottom edge of the rearview mirror. Is this wiring connected to them? There is nothing electrical above the rearview mirror or hooked into the top that I know of...

Simply pull the levers located above each front window to loosen the clamps. Pull the hooks away from the corners of the windshield and push the TOP button in. This will lower the top. Raising it is the same in reverse... Have you successfully lowered the top yet?

dwight

dwight

Hey druid918,

I have not yet located the manual but did locate the Chilton's repair book. Still searching.

Top operation.

  1. Roll down windows
  2. On the side of the top towards the front there are two levers (one per side) - pull those to the inside. This will release the latch from the windshield frame
  3. On the right of the instrument cluster there is a pull / push button like the one for the lights on the left. Pull raises the top. Push lowers it.

My '92 did this without having to have the e-brake on. My '04 needs to have the e-brake on.

There should be nothing other than the two latches holding the top to the windshield frame

The '92 and the '93's are very similar. '93 was the last production model of the LX Fox frame.

MG

Reply to
Mr.~G.

"" wrote: > Hey druid918, > > I have not yet located the manual but did locate the Chilton's > repair book. > Still searching. > > Top operation. > > 1. Roll down windows > 2. On the side of the top towards the front there are two > levers (one per > side) - pull those to the inside. This will release the latch > from the > windshield frame > 3. On the right of the instrument cluster there is a pull / > push button like > the one for the lights on the left. Pull raises the top. > Push lowers it. > > My '92 did this without having to have the e-brake on. My '04 > needs to have > the e-brake on. > > There should be nothing other than the two latches holding the > top to the > windshield frame > > The '92 and the '93's are very similar. '93 was the last > production model > of the LX Fox frame. > > MG > > wrote in message > news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... > > On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 05:28:31 -0400, "Mr.~G." > > wrote: > >

My cousin just purchased a 93 Mustang with a 4-cylinder and automatic transmission. We?re not familiar with the car and we needed to put some transmission fluid in the car but not sure where it?s located. I know this may be a "dumb" question, but we don?t have the manual and she?s a teenager with no idea about cars in general, so I thought I?d see if I could figure it out for her.

Should we be looking for a dipstick or a small plastic "bottle" similar to the coolant overflow container?

Reply to
whoisjb