restoration question

i have a 91 mustang gt. it was being stripped down for drag racing, i want to restore the vehicle to some more functionality. i found a center console at a local junkyare but it is on a convertible of the same year. will it fit? will i have to rig it?

Reply to
oneadvent

I cannot tell you for sure, but if you had do much more than drill an extra hole or two I would be very surprised. Making assembly differences needs a great deal of justification. I don't see ford doing that. Personally if a convertible needed a different console I would use the same attachment points and put all the design differences in the console subassembly.

Get as many brackets, fasteners, clips, etc as you can when you remove it from the junkyard car. As you remove it, you should be able to see how it's put in. From there you'll know if it will be a big deal to put in your car or not provided you've looked your car over well.

And if it's a no go, you can just leave it in the car at the junkyard.

Reply to
Brent P

i called greens and the part number for all 91 mustangs are the same. it does not matter if it is a convertible or a lx or at hatch back. if anyone here does not know what greens is, it is an after market ford parts dealer. they are reliable, but expensive. the number is

5137313304. even if you do not buy from them they are useful for informational purposes.
Reply to
oneadvent