Restoring 89 GT black body parts

I am trying to get my 89 GT vert looking and running good. The engine has 80,000 miles, very clean, I never beat on it. The body of the car is like new, except the black parts. The sun has caused the back luggage rack the lighten up. The windshield frame has lightened up as well, along with the side mirrors, and the top of the door moldings. Anybody have any suggestions about how to get those looking black again? Thanks, Howard

Reply to
Howard Mora

Howard Mora opined in news:oJYjc.86189$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com:

Years ago, I went to an auto paint supply store and bought Urethane trim paint in an aerosol can.

Worked great.

Mask the parts carefully.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

*Very* carefully. :)

I've used (with good results) black shoe dye on the few spots where the black on my V6stang's bumper cover had actually worn down to an ugly orangeish-yellow. Don't think dye would work very well for any hard plastics like the luggage rack, mirrors, or cowl grill though. For those, you might try that new Krylon "Fusion" spray paint for plastics:

Garth Almgren

SEM Black Trim aeorosol.

Reply to
Howard Nelson