Restoring the "silvering" on a 69 mustang

Is there a way for the novice restorer to touch up or restore the silvering on the dash trim pieces? Over the years it has been worn off from cleaning and age. Does anyone know what color of silver should be used? Thanks in advance. Lee

69 Mach 1
Reply to
Lee Coleman

That stuff is chrome plated plastic, that they then put the plastic wood veneer and paint on top of. There are rechromers out there, but I can't name any off hand. Good luck.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

This is what you want

vince garcia

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad what fools these morons be.... Children are obscene but should not be heard Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!

Reply to
Spike

Hey Lee, Sometime ago I built a 69 Chevy pickemup truck. I had the dash rechromed, it looked fantastic when done. If you want them right, get a pro to do it.

Kate

2O|||||||O5 Liberty
Reply to
Kate 2O|||||||O5

Hey Kate, wasn't it Jerold Ford who had a dog named Liberty? Or was that Chevy Chase? Could be a "Ford" Liberty or "Chevy" Liberty? ROL=Role Over Liberty ;-)

Reply to
Gill

Reply to
Lee Coleman

Yeah I remember that. THat was a really nice truck until she rearended someone because of the glare shining off the dash....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Hey Lee, If you come up with good results, be sure to put a clear coat on it, to keep it from scuffing when you wipe the dust off of it.

Reply to
Kate