Retro ride question

With all the retro rides coming out Ford will be re-introducing many good old names to compete against the Charger and Camaro like the California Special, Shelby, Mach I, and Boss for instance. My question is how many of you would like to see the Cougar come back on the Mustang platform as it was inheritantly born? Perhaps they can make it a notchback style to set it apart? Or would a Capri be more to peoples liking?

Nick

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

Actually, I want the 4-seater TBird back on line. 2 seater has been tried twice and failed twice, the MN12 was a gem... when it comes back, I dont care whether the Cougar is a clone of it OR the Mustang.

The Capri name was a mistake and, if it was retained, it should be a true Miata Clone, not as was attempted with inferior platform, before... not Mustang.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

That depends on the year; I had a beautiful 1983 Capri RS with the 5.0 and 4-speed, black-on-black, regular hatch window (bubble windows were fugly). FOX platform, better body styling than the same year Mustang, IMO.

I've always liked the looks of the older Capris, but have never driven one. I don't know if it would fit, but I always thought it would be fun to build one of the old Capris with a 5.0.

However - I think they should bring back the Cougar name. It is much more closely associated with performance and style.

Arlie

Reply to
Blue Gator

Nick,

I would IF:

It would substantly enhance sales.

But if it cuts into Mustang sales, or only marginally adds to sales of that platform, then I say no. I'd rather see the development dollars spent to make a better Mustang.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Ohhhhhh do you think if we beg and plead nicely they will bring back the EXP. I know I shouldn;t even joke about it, Ford might hear and do it....

Reply to
TheDavesIKnow

I am all for a Focus EXP. A nice two seater rice killer from Ford. :)

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony