Return Of Bullitt

Brad Pitt On the Role of Lt Frank Bullitt Jul 9, 2007

Brad Pitt will star in a remake of 60s classic movie 'Bullitt'.

The actor will take the role of Lt Frank Bullitt made famous by Hollywood legend Steve McQueen in the 1968 original film.

A source said: "Brad shares a lot of the same passions as Steve McQueen - including a love of motorbikes and fast cars - so it was a dream role for him."

The original film sees the tough detective hunting a hitman who has killed his fellow officers. The movie is renowned for featuring one of the best car chases in cinema history as McQueen's Mustang car speeds through the rollercoaster streets of San Francisco.

Brad, 43, has been linked with the role since 2003 but the project has only now been given the green light as film bosses desperately try to kick-start as many movies as possible before the Screen Actors Guild begin their anticipated strike action.

Brad can next be seen playing legendary outlaw Jesse James in the western 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford', due out in October.

Reply to
NoOption5L

Tony Alonso

I wonder who will play the city of San Francisco? I doubt a production company could take over the city today the way the original did in '68.

I also wonder why they would want to remake this movie. How many times have I read in this very NG how bored the young uns get watching the original. Maybe Brad wants a turkey remake to match Angie's Gone in Sixty Seconds disaster. Will Brad wear the dreads too?

Nonetheless, if this thing gets even slightly good reviews I'll be there (same as GISS II).

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Listen, Brad:

Steve McQueen was a racer

I /knew/ Steve McQueen

Brad, you're no Steve McQueen

Give it up

Reply to
Frank ess

-

I'm guessing Brad and Angie rented the "Gone in 60 Seconds" DVD and decided one re-make turkey in the family is enough. Rats. I was really looking forward to seeing Pitt in blonde dreadlocks.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Because most of Hollywood is brain dead. I guess they have used up every original script idea and now have to rehash movies from the last

60 years to find a hit. They wonder why movie theater revenues keep dropping? It's because they give us one or two decent original movies every summer. Then they milk those for the next 5-10 years with sequels. The same thing is happening in the music industry. There are very few musicians/groups that I would shell out money for their albums. Once the baby boomers are dead the music industry will be bankrupt and deservedly so.
Reply to
Michael Johnson

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:57:27 -0400, Michael Johnson puked:

Two word: A-Team Movie

This could be awesome, guys, but OTOH...

-- lab~rat >:-) Stupid humans...

Reply to
lab~rat >:-)

Here's my problem with this type of movie... I know what it will be before I sit down in the theater. It would be nice to get to a theater without any premeditated plot. I think it is why I am gravitating away from action movies. There are some that have come out like LOTR, The Matrix, among a few others where they did the three movies, tied the story off and were done with it. These movies had vision, purpose and a good reason for sequels. One fed the other and did so in a logical, necessary way that made the next movie in the sequence more enjoyable. Do we really need another Die Hard movie? Is Spiderman IV really something that will impress me? Heck, anymore I'll take a good chick flick over a rehashed action movie. I guess my big complaint is that Hollywood thinks throwing in awesome special effects means they don't need a good plot or script.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson wrote in news:vKSdnSv-nKPKVALbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Hollywood is indeed brain dead. Nothing good at all coming out of there except perhaps the Simpsons Movie and Pirates of the Carribean stuff. The last thing we need is more remakes.

That being said, the one remake I'd really love to see (and it's never been done) is Dr. Strangelove - one of the best movies of all time IMO. I'd love to be in on the casting for that one...

Reply to
Joe

Some movies they are better off not screwing with. These type of movies can't be improved, or even remotely equaled, by a remake. I mean who but Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman can play their roles in Casablanca? Brad Pitt and Angelina Joli?

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson wrote in news:rLCdnRiVCP8XjT3bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Nah, Jim Carey and Tea Leoni. LOL!

Reply to
Joe

You must be hoping to hear your next hit song/group by listening to commercial radio.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Then they should name it Casablanka.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Most of the time I listen to talk radio in the car. Everything from conservative to NPR. There isn't much to the new stuff even when it's done by the older groups. I do have a subscription to Napster.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson wrote in news:QJCdnRkGQJtHsj3bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

'Bullitt'.

Carribean

Exactly. :)

Reply to
Joe

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1184898778.917550.13690 @o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

That's where the "hits" are...

Reply to
Joe

Michael Johnson wrote in news:QJCdnRgGQJvlrT3bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

In the car, I listen to the HD2 channels - totally commercial-free. It's satellite without the satellite and associated costs.

Reply to
Joe

What equipment does one need to listen to this stuff?

Reply to
Michael Johnson

I haven't purchased one yet myself, but I have been shopping. I want a component HD tuner to use with my existing home sound system...

Here are a few links, provided with no personal recommendations, simply some leads...

I won't pay for Cable TV or Satellite Radio. Free 1080i HDTV broadcast over the airwaves ROCKS.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody