Road junk killed my air conditioner condenser...

...how can you tell if you're looking at a good one at the wrecking yard?

Reply to
voice from the past

It can be difficult. Of course, anything with obvious damage is out. Look inside the connectors for corrosion. If the A/C system was left open in the junk yard for very long, it is suspect. Try and blow air through it. I don't know if anybody does a pressure test. But with a bicycle tube you can test it up to 15psi for leaks. Operating pressure are considerably higher than that, but it's a start.

Reply to
.boB

Thanks; I'll be sure and check that out first.

voice from the past

Reply to
voice from the past

Some parts should just be replaced with new parts. This is one of them. I wouldn't trust one from a junk yard. If you got a bad one, the savings would quickly be eaten up with the time & expense of redoing the job.

Reply to
Mustang_66