Running hot after Mac cold air install

Since I have installed my Mac cold air intake, I have been running substantially higher temperatures. My factory guage reads normal, but my auto meter water temp, reads around 240 constantly when running on the highway with no A/C or any other contributing systems. I know my way around the garage, but I just haven't had enough time to do a whole lot of research, on the subject. My coolant levels are fine, and everything seems oK, I was just curious if this is a normal reaction when a cold air is installed due to the increased combustion with the colder air.

Thanks,

Dan

Reply to
badazponydrvr