Saw a GT500 yesterday

It was a black convertible, with the center stripes delete option. It really looked nice.

I talked to the marketing guy - he works for Ford, not at a local dealer, He said the typical markup above sticker is 10-20K.

I asked about build quantities. He said 10,000 units per year.

So maybe in a year or so the demand will be met and the price will be MSRP.

Reply to
Mort Guffman

IMO, if they keep that production number for 2-3 years the price will likely drop to near, or maybe even below, MSRP late this model year or early next model year.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

at a nearby dealership, they got in a red coupe last week. it lasted 4 days. 1 of my friends father whent to look at buying it. it was marked at around $62000.00. he called the next day to see if it was there, and try and make a deal. the salesman said a guy came in this morning and wrote a check for it and it`s gone. damn that must be nice!! :) mp

Reply to
Michael price

Ford has a lot more cars to deliver this year. If they keep shoving them into the dealerships the price will fall. I think they are intentionally keeping production low to maximize the profit on the initial run. There are far from 10,000 buyers that are willing to pay $62k for a Cobra. Then the next year run will start which is where I believe the price drop will occur if Ford makes another 10k run for 2008.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Don't forget also the possibility of a 425 hp Challenger R/T for '08 or '09, a package which is currently available as a Charger in the mid to high $30K range, and the 5th gen Crapmaro with possibly a 400 hp LS2 in the low $30Ks and maybe even a 500 hp 427 Yenko or Nickey revival. Sounds like market saturation to me. I pity the fool who's paying $60K or more for a '07 Shelby.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Remember the fools who paid over $40k for the first of the '03 Cobras. I think history will be repeating itself if Ford builds 10k/year for 2-3 years.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Prices are already dropping.

Watch the ebay auctions, my friend was high bidder on two actions 1.5 weeks ago, at $55,000 the auctions ended without meeting the reserves, his $55,000 bids were the highest bids in both auctions.

Reply to
My Names Nobody

Between internal and external competition they will certainly drop. We still have the Mach I, Boss, Shelby GT, Saleen's, C/S, Shelby GT500KR, all other remakes, aside of Camaro and Charger.

Nick

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

Reply to
Tony Alonso

That makes sense, I didn't even think about it. I supposed a striped top would be very unusual.

Reply to
Mort Guffman