Saw new 2005 in the flesh, more or less

Well, I saw it at the Toronto auto show and now I don't know whether to wait for it or do my original plan of getting a 2004 Mach-1. Why? Because the car looks better than it did in the magazines/net shots I'd seen. Most of them seem to be done using perspective distortion. The new car is actually very steamlined and sleek looking. Trouble was, Ford saw fit to place it on a raised, rotating platform(why?) so you couldn't:

-See the engine

-Get into the car seat

-Properly see the interior.

Plus, the paint looked suspiciously better than what I've seen come out of Ford's factories.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

I saw it in Philly and couldn't get near it, either.

That's because they had the GT on a raised rotating platform just beyond the Mustang, and the crowds pushing in to see the GT were in my way.

But I agree - the photos we've seen don't do it justice. If I were you, I'd wait for the '05 - it's not that long off now.

:()

Reply to
dwight

------------------------------ the '05 stangs are going to be available in the summer time. I just got my mach 1 and its like magic! I still don't know why they are still sticking the 4.6 engines in the new stangs. The 05' gots 3 valvue, and the mach has 4valve; however, the 05' is supercharged

Reply to
loathe

Which supercharged '05 are you talking about? Are you really sure about that?

Bob '03 Cobra coupe

Reply to
Bob

I hadn't heard about any other models but the 6-cyl and the normally aspirated V8.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

I was told that the convertible would be available in early Spring...

:()

Reply to
dwight

Early Spring of 2006 probably.

Scott W. '66 HCS

"dwight" > I was told that the convertible would be available in early Spring...

Reply to
Scott Williams

Early spring of 2005 is what I heard....

Bob

Reply to
Bob Rich

That was my understanding. The coupes and GTs come out in September, with the convertible models about six months thereafter.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Boy, you seem well informed on the subject. Planning on a third Mustang, are we...?

Is this what life's like when you get the kids out of the house?! If so I'm kicking my daughter out in the morning and sending my son off to college 6 months early.

Patrick '93 Cobra and another Mustang on the way!

Reply to
Patrick

"Patrick" wrote

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I am planning on finishing the HCS AND getting into a new '05 V6 once I get my bodily injury suit settled.

Scott Williams '66 Mustang HCS '68 Ranchero 500 '68 Fury III

Reply to
Scott Williams

Those V6es are pretty sweet looking, huh?

I'm saving my pennies for a 2005, especially if you can order the GT sans-wing and fog lights. Even if not, I'm sure some new V6 owner would be glad to "upgrade" their trunk lid, grill, and front bumper cover... :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Planning on it, no. But if it happens, great.

I wasn't planning on getting married. I wasn't planning on having kids (well, "one day", sure, but "one day" came early). I wasn't planning on buying a new '93 Mustang and keeping it forever.

I had always planned, however, to have a Corvette when I turned 50.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

According to two Ford salespeople, Late Sept. (Canada) for the GTs.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

I'm thinking of doing a '05 HCS using '68 Cal Special/HCS style stripes and the HCS badge on the rear quarter in front of the wheelwell. The car would have to be green, yellow or light blue though as the '66 and '67's only came in those 3 colors. Cool idea I think. Nothing rice and right out the history books. It'd match the '66.

Hmm, maybe I should wait for '06 and have a 40th anniversary High Country Special!?!?!?

Scott W. '66 Mustang HCS '68 Ranchero 500 '68 Fury III

Reply to
Scott Williams

You do realize Corvette and cheap usually don't go together, unless you're planning on something like a '78 version. And I think, and hope, that's not quite the Corvette you're planning on.

You know you can pick up a used '98 for around $20K?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I seriously doubt that a 2005 Corvette is going to be occupying space in my driveway anytime soon, but if I can make it happen, I will.

The problem is that I'm still in love with these twin 5.0's. I can't imagine selling off either one, and having THREE cars is just impossible (as long as I'm still married, anyway).

Ask my wife, she'll tell you - I'm generally cheap, but have no problem throwing around big money for something I really REALLY want. She really REALLY wants to move in the next couple of years, and that takes priority. We've narrowed down the kind of house and grounds that we want, but the

3-car garage may be tough to find (especially with running water, a drain, heat and A/C in one of the bays).

But I have a nasty habit of getting what I want. It's all about negotiation - she gets what she wants, and I get mine.

(...and a '78 Corvette?!? I wouldn't touch it with a stick, just to roll it over and see if it was still alive. Now, a 2002 or 2003 pre-owned model, that's another story.)

:()

Reply to
dwight