SEA FOAM FI cleaner

I have read about the Sea Foam fuel injector cleaner. I wonder if the stuff really works. I have an 89 GT with 82,000 miles on it. I am thinking about sucking this Sea Foam thru the power booster vacuum line. Any thoughts, or experiences? Thanks

Reply to
Howard Mora
** I have read about the Sea Foam fuel injector cleaner. ** I wonder if the stuff really works. I have an 89 GT with 82,000 miles on ** it. I am thinking about sucking this Sea Foam thru the power booster vacuum ** line. Any thoughts, or experiences? Thanks **

How do you know your injectors are dirty to begin with? I wish I had a nickel for every marketing solution in search of a problem in this country.

The single TBI injector on The Beater got pulled last month, to check for clogging and overall general health. The noid light showed no problems - I was just curious what it would look like at 186,000 miles. Mind you, this is a single injector on a 4-banger, and over the past 16 years, it's well used, and has had the cheapest fuel put through it that you can imagine.

It turns out that it was as clean as a whistle. Observing the spray pattern from above with the air cleaner assembly revealed nothing unusual either. It remains in service to this day.

People in the US are driven by greed and consumption today. Marketeers are constantly trying to convince us that something bad will happen if we don't use their product. If you don't use their motor oil, you'll be stranded on the side of the road with smoke pouring out from the hood; if you don't use their pimple cream, the girls won't get naked with you; if you don't eat the low-fat or low-carb version of their product, you'll be as fat as a whale.

Well, I'm here to tell you that I haven't seen anyone sitting on the side of the road lately with smoke pouring from their hood because they stupidly used Brand XYZ motor oil, girls don't really care what your face looks like, and even though most everyone eats low-fat-carb-whatever food, they're still pigs.

Fear and consumption. Marilyn Manson was right.

Oh crap. Have I slid into yet another rant???

-JD

________________________________________________________ | | | 1998 Laser Red GT RAMFM Member Since 1998 | | M-5400-A Suspension http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams || Subframe Connectors & Seat Bracing, Strut Tower Brace || 4-point K-frame Brace, Tremec T-45 & OEM 3.27:1 Gears ||________________________________________________________|

Reply to
JD Adams

I heard great stories about it also. I have yet to find it in any auto store. I'm guessing you'll only find it in marinas Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

Rein