Seafoam?

Anyone ever use it on their 5.0L? If so, how did you use it (intake or oil) and what were the results?

Reply to
John

"John" wrote in news:M_ydnXwg1a92dB3ZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I use it on my wife's MPV and it works great - I pour it directly into the intake via a vacuum hose. Smokes like a banshee for about 10 minutes burning out all the crud, drives like a dream afterwards. I use it every 3 months or so.

If you tend to keep your motor in good shape (i.e., tuned up all the time) you probably won't need to use it as there won't be that much crud inside. I tried it on the LX and nothing happened. But it won't hurt to try. I've never used it in the crankcase.

Joe

I live my the Sea. From the looks of real Sea foam I wouldn't want anything with that name in the engine!

Fred

89 LX 5.0
Reply to
Fred V.

But good seafoam makes an excellent pipe.... meerschaum

Reply to
Spike