seat back adjustment 1988 V8 model

1988 model. Seat back has gone into a reclining position and I cannot adjust it forward. The mechanism at the seat bottom seems ok as it all works well. I have greased it and the spring is very active and not broken so it flips the seat back forward quite readily. However the problem is the seat back does not come forward far enough and stays in a very recling position. There seems to be something in the seat back that has slipped. I have read some articles (1965 model) of an adjustable bolt that rests on the bracket that the lever adjusts at the side of the seat but cannot locate a bolt in the seat back. When it went into this position I had leaned heavily against the back of the seat and something seemed to slide as if a slotted peice was let loose and moving. The resistance was quite high but not enough to over come the presssure I was exerting. This problem seems to have gotten worse over time as the seat does not come as far forward as the passanger seat does and now is way out of whack. I have had this vehicle since new and have maintained it well. Please respond direct to If you have a diagram or picture of this apparatus that would be a real benifit.
Reply to
ve6agp

The seats are easy to remove, take it out so you can easily inspect it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic