Seat belt pads query

Hi. I got a pair of these seat belt pads that go velcro around the seat belt and can be moved up/down.

My question is: are they actually supposed to make the seat belt feel less irritating. That is, to they go centered over the shoulder area? I feel like I have this big hot pad there now and then it is a pain when the seat belt is released as it won't go back in the hole since that pad is in the way of the seat beat plastic holders on the seat neck.

Thanks.

Reply to
[80s.fan]