Shaker 500 seems to cut off the last few seconds of each track.??

Got a 2005 convertible a few weeks ago. I was listening to audio books on cd yesterday and I noticed that sometimes it changes to the next track a few seconds before the current one is over. It doesn't seem to do this all the time. Very annoying. It has done it with different cds as well. Anyone else noticed this?

Reply to
Strangways

My Ford CD changers have a large buffer. The CD actually changes while the buffer is emptying, so it is more or less seamless. Are you sure you are actually missing anything, or is the apparent disconnect in the time shift between the CD being swapped and the actual change in content distracting you?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

in article snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on 9/19/2005 8:42 AM:

I have a 2005 GT with the Shaker 500 and have experienced the same problem, sometimes with as much as ten seconds to go until the end of the song. It also sometimes altogether skips the last song on the disc (as if it isn't able to read it) and instead of changing to the next CD, it goes back to track one and plays the disc all over again. I've checked each disc in the changer (some I burned myself and some commercially released discs) and they're not scratched or damaged in the least, but I've read in the forums on allfordmustangs.com that there are flaws with the Shaker system; skipping seems to be a common problem among other 2005 owners with the stock Shaker system. If it really bothers you, I think it's within your rights to take it back to the dealer and ask for it to be fixed or replaced considering the price you paid for your new baby :-)

cheers, Mike

Reply to
Michael Hernandez

Mike, yes! I for got to mention it but it does sometimes struggle to read the last track then skip it... Have you talked to your dealer about it?

Reply to
Strangways

in article snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on 9/23/2005 12:11 PM:

Honestly, no... Personally, I do find it a little annoying but not to the point where I feel it should be replaced; I feel the stereo system is the last thing I should complain about in such a great car... Besides, I MUCH prefer listening to mp3 cds I burn- no skips at all and no changing discs! (Before buying my GT, I considered changing the stereo to one with mp3 disc capabilities until my salesperson pointed out that was a feature with the Shaker; I can set it on shuffle and have fun during the drive and imagine it's an eclectic radio station.) But by all means, talk to your salesperson- they'll most likely do anything they can to keep their customer happy with their new car.

Strangeways, here we come... Mike

Reply to
Michael Hernandez