Shakes!!!

Hey guys

My 1990 GT has been shaking lately when I apply the brakes and I went ahead and replaced my rotors and pads and all the seals and bearings and it brakes better now but I am still getting some shakes when I brake....the steering wheel actually shakes if I really get on the brake and I am thinking maybe CV joint or boot problem??? Anybody know what might be causing this to happen???

Reply to
GT5OH

Yes, you should have replace both CV joints on both sides when you replaced the brakes. WTF is wrong with you??? That's just plain lazy!

Reply to
WindsorFox

You are a cruel man.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Check your tie rod ends. If worn, they can cause problems like you are experiencing.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Hey take it easy man I am a newbie to repairing my own car and no manual I had tells you to replace CV joints whenever you do a brake job. I actually had a mechanic friend of mine help me so maybe HE was just being lazy in not wanting the job to take longer, who knows. Anyway, I will go ahead and replace the CV joints and see if that helps. Thanks for being so nice about it! hahaha!

Reply to
GT5OH

Oh Man, I busted open my side! :)

Reply to
GILL

Reply to
Scott

Oh ok I get it hahaha mess with the new guy who doesn't know any better, thanks for embarrassing me....now I get the cruel man statement from Michael....but thanks for the REAL advise and I am glad I got hazed into the group properly...does that mean I get good advise from now on?? Thanks guys.

Reply to
GT5OH

Don't let us old farts get to you. It's just that you walked in with a big bullseye on you when mentioning CV joints on a Mustang. Consider it a right of passage, although, we all can be a target here at one time or another.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

you have a tire out of balance or a warped wheel. thats where youre problem is.

Reply to
Chris

I practice. :oD

Reply to
WindsorFox

To be honest I figured it was a drive by trolling...

Reply to
WindsorFox

Not if it only happens when braking.

Reply to
WindsorFox

With cast aluminum rims they tend to crack before warping. The reason I know a bad tie rod end can mimic a warped rotor is because I had one that did. It fooled me so well I had the rotors checked first and found they were fine. One new tie rod later and all was well again.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Well thanks for all the advice, I was actually told by a mechanic to check the CV joints so I will give him a hard time about it when I see him....anyway, I also noticed that it doesn't happen all the time, it is kind of random, and the most frequent times it happens is when I am going 80+ and need to slow down very quickly. :-) Anyone have any other ideas?? I will check the tie rods..

Reply to
GT5OH

Check the bearings too. It there are lose then the wheel will wobble.

Reply to
Michael Johnson