Shelby Durability Car: Place Your Guesses

That's place your guesses, not your bids because I'm sure it will get rich.

When the gavel falls what do you think the price tag will be?

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

A car that cannot be titled and thus cannot be driven except when trailered to a track... or on a private estate or farm. A car that may have been beaten to hell in testing and is now mechanically worn to the point of being a 10 or 15 year old car. A prototype that -might- be worth something decades down the line. Shelby's autograph is on a ton of cars now. Not exactly uncommon. Just because he drove it once or twice really doesn't do much either. a 1/4 or less of retail price would be a rational price. I doubt anyone will be bidding that rationally however and it will likely go for 6 figures.

Reply to
Brent

But then look at the historic drag cars that WERE flogged to an inch of their life.

I think 6 digits is likely too. If Mr Shelby keels overs very soon, the new owner may make out on the likely stiff price tag sooner than than later though.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

Auctioned for charity? Sky's the limit on this one. I'll be surprised if it isn't over 100k. It'll make someone a nice decor piece.

Wonder if the interior smells like C.S's. Chili farts?

Reply to
John C.

I didn't see this one roll up, but it brought a cool 300k. Not too shabby, for a door-stop. :)

Did anyone catch the Shelby "barn find". All original, with the exception of some freshening up of the mechanicals....350k. Yikes.

The one that floored me was the Camaro ZL1...410k! I used to restore the 69's and passed on one of these about 15 years ago, for 25k. Just shoot me!

-- John C. '11 GT

Reply to
John C.