SHIFTING PROBLEM

Need some advice. I have a 94 gt with about 150,000 miles on it . I went out yesterday to pick up some coffee from burger king. When I went to leave, I couldn't shift my car into 1st gear. I must have sat at the drive through window for 5 minutes trying to get it into gear. Any and all advise is greatly appreciated.

Ninja

Reply to
JEFFREY PRIVOTT

sinchronizers?

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Your clutch is toast.

If it happens again, turn off the engine, shift to 1st, start engine & limp to the shop.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

What did you try to get into gear?

Reply to
Brent P

yup try shifting 1-r if it dont get rid of clutch

i smell gravey

hurc ast

Reply to
promot

Reply to
JEFFREY PRIVOTT

Possibly the clutch cable is worn & stretched. Do you have any aftermarket clutch parts? Adjustable clutch cable w/ quadrant? Could need adjusting. If you don't... then yes.. your clutch is likely toast.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

Thanks again. I just replaced ( had someone to do it ) the clutch 2 1/2 years ago in Hawaii. I think when the guy did the job, he did not do the throw out bearing. There were some kind of squick when the car was in neutral idling. That is what I was told it was.

Reply to
JEFFREY PRIVOTT

Ah... with the clutch not pressed & the car in neutral.. if you hear that constant squeak/squeal... likely throw-out bearing.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

thanks for the info

Reply to
JEFFREY PRIVOTT