Should Ford lose the bumpkin?

The Ernest P. Worrell clone they have doing commercials for them? Granted, he's not as bad as the gay commercial with the hybrid and the fake deer, but he's not great.

Reply to
Rich

I assume you are talking about Mike Rowe? Who would you have take his place?

FWIW, Mike Rowe is the host of Discovery Channels "Dirty Jobs". He also has a website titled "Mike Rowe Works". This gives him something that blue collar workers can identify with...

But we wouldn't expect you to understand that...

Reply to
Jim Warman

If he's talking about Mike Rowe, it's obvious he's clueless. Mike has more culture in his left pinky....

Reply to
WindsorFo

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:01:09 -0800, Rich rearranged some electrons to say:

Hardly a bumpkin.

Reply to
david

That they are still trying to hawk pick-up trucks to suburbanites is annoying. Why is it we never see someone in a V8 Mustang ripping up the road? Oh wait, they had those Steven McQueen ads...

Reply to
Rich

Mike is cool, and like chuck Norris, I don't think he calls his little finger his "pinky" :) Well.....Maybe Mike does :)

Reply to
GILL

Rich... if suburbanites are buying pick ups, doesn't it stand to reason that you will pitch YOUR pick up to them?

You want the suburbanites to buy Mustangs.... and they don't... They don't because Mustangs aren't a wise choice. My 05 vert is a toy.... Nothing more... nothing less. I didn't "need" this car....

I do "need" a pick up...

Are you twins?

Reply to
Jim Warman

Not to mention the F150 is still the #1 selling vehicle.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Thus spake "WindsorFox" :

Yeah, but it's slipped to #3 in the stolen category.

Burbs are still the most popular with drug lords.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron