Sick auto commercial in Britain...

Check this clip out!!

They are messed up over in Britain!!!!

I doubt that this (sick) commercial would make it to the states....

Reply to
Ralph Snart

nothing comes up for me

Reply to
sixty8kr

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

Yeah, I doubt it too. That's a *really* twisted commercial, but hey...

...at least it was only a cat. Could have been way worse. :}

(No, I'm not a cat person. Allergic.)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Try this: Mirrored at

Garth Almgren

A spoof maybe, but still sick (in my eyes). Of course I use to do work in an animal shelter, so maybe I'm a little touchy...

Reply to
Ralph Snart

The first SportKa commercial was of the hood nailing a pigeon mid-air, that was about to crap on it. Hilarious, not quite as mean spirited as the "kill fluffy" mood of the new one.

Reply to
Scott Williams

at 02 Apr 2004, V'ger [ snipped-for-privacy@snowcrest.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It looks like a spoof to me as well. I remember the pigeon one. That one was typical british humor. But this is too sick to even be british humor. I doubt Ford would be dumb enough to make it and air it. They'd have everybody mad at them and sales would slump to were only cat haters would buy the vehicle. :-)

Reply to
Paul

"Ralph Snart" wrote in news:8p7bc.58133 $w54.364760@attbi_s01:

ROFLMAO

That's a keeper!

Reply to
John C.

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 01:22:51 -0700, "Scott Williams" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Figured I'd checkout the website on that car. Their humor isn't the only thing that is sick. Checkout their "Official" description of this car.

" Be prepared for the ride of your life. Sportka?s got a fierce 95 PS

1.6i engine that fires you from 0 to 62 in a breathtaking 9.7 seconds. And it?s wide, 16" alloy wheels grip the road like claws... "

Owww woopie 0 - 62 in 9.7!! Momma strap me in. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Thank GOD I'm not the only one who found that hilarious... I just got attacked by an orange/white stray cat... so I was imagining it was THAT cat ;p

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

at 02 Apr 2004, ZombyWoof [ snipped-for-privacy@Zappa.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You are talking about a car meant for the European market. Where these are quite good figures for that kind of vehicle. Everyone here in the US is bitching about gasprices being so high. How does $4.50 a gallon strike you? Would you still wanna buy or drive a 350+HP gasguzzling v8 for your daily driver? As that's what gas prices are in Europe.

Driving 1.3L to 1.8L 4 cylinder vehicles for most of 20 years over there, moving up to a 3.8L V6 was like 'yeah baby, I have major power now!' kind of a feeling. This V6 has taught me what it is to drive a RWD car with almost 2.5x the HP I was used to. What will my next one be? Unless gas prices go through the roof, most likely a v8 convertible

2006 Mustang. But if I have to choose between a v8 coupe or a v6 convertible, I'll take the v6 as I have my heart set on a convertible.
Reply to
Paul

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 16:05:51 GMT, Paul wrote something wonderfully witty:

Yeah, but to brag about it like it was some big deal or something is a tad much in my book. I am more then aware of the issues in Europe. Matter of fact later today I get on a big bird headed for Heathrow.

Based on my experiences Europeans don't drive as much as we do with the availability of mass transit, nor do they drive as far either. Here in the states it is not uncommon for people to drive 100+ miles in a day on a regular basis through all types of terrain. I could see me driving through skyline drive in one of those little putt-putts. I think not.

I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

at 02 Apr 2004, ZombyWoof [ snipped-for-privacy@Zappa.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

We are talking about salesdroids here, they brag about anything they can, hype up anything so it sells... Heathrow? my commiserations, talk about an airport from hell. Congested both on the ground and in the air.

Well, distances in Europe are not what they are in the US. Here if you want to go shopping you need a car because the groceries are apart. In Europe you can actuallt walk to the shopping center and do your groceries. We've done it many a time on nice day living over there. Mass transit is only widely used in congested cities. Like for example London, or Amsterdam where using a car is almost impossible because of heavey traffic and/or lack of parking spaces. Europeans like driving as much as Americans and higher gas prices have not gottem them out of their cars into mass transit on a mass scale either...

Oh yeah, I can just imagine driving around Tampa bay in one of those 'pregnant rollerskates'. That is unsafe, mostly because of one's fellow drivers being maniacs and any small car is outclassed by all the full sized trucks and SUV's. Same reason I will not drive a motorcycle here.

Reply to
Paul

Hilarious! I love European commercials... there's stuff shown over there that would never make it past the first meeting here at the ad agencies, but remember there's a much more open attitude to things that are considered offensive here by repressed idiots in the FCC.

When Janet Jackson exposed a boob for a second, it brought the US to a grinding halt... the European news programs simply couldn't believe the uproar.

Admittedly, I'm English, so I guess my upbringing gave me a different idea on what's funny.

Each to his/her own. Anyone ever been to Japan and seen some of their game shows? Now, they're weird!

Reply to
Scudder

My old Murray lawn tractor is faster than that.......

Reply to
Ralph Snart

I spent many years overseas, in asia and europe. I LOVE their humor!! I'd be ROFLMAO watching Benny Hill, and Monty Python kinda stuff. The original Archie Bunker was a hoot!!! And, yeah, look at all the reality shows that got their start from Japanese game shows.

I love animals, but I am not obsessive about them. I still wear leather shoes and belts and jackes. "Worms" still make some of my shirts.

With everything it has going for it, America is still very puritanical. And with all the pc stuff, ranging from people to animals, we aren't allowed to laugh at OURSELVES anymore for fear it might offend someone, let alone laugh at something like this. .

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

"ZombyWoof" wrote > Owww woopie 0 - 62 in 9.7!! Momma strap me in.

Maybe it's KMH not MPH?? 100KMH is ~60 MPH.

Reply to
Scott Williams

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 13:47:56 -0700, "Scott Williams" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Nope, mph. That is why it is 0 - 62. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Momma

is Mightier than the sword'.